The River Moy

Rainclouds

Reaction score
I was down last weekend and the water was perfect and clear. Had a small grilse on for a few secinds friday evening on my first run down the first pool. Thought I was in for a good weekend....
Not a touch after that with a good 10 hours fishing on Saturday and similar on Sunday. The sun was very strong both days and extremely muggy which wouldnt have helped. A bit of coloured in the water would probably have even helped.

There is fish in it, I spotted quite a few but the moy isn't getting the super run everyone is talking about. Early July was just a good build of from the drought I reckon
Thanks Woodsy. Sounds like it might be worth a trip in fresher conditions.

JB2009

Reaction score
Supposed to be fishing Mount Falcon in next few days .. I believe Rahans in Ballina is the nearest gauge. Does anybody know whats the optimum numbers for this gauge on Mount Falcon waters?

Woodsy

Reaction score
Looks like a wee top up of levels is coming today. Fingers crossed water will be good for the weekend and the fish are willing to take. It's been an awful season since mid july

kenny sloan

Reaction score
The end of the Salmon Fishing on the Moy with the moon over Foxford and the cross lit up
IMG_9682.JPG

Woodsy

Reaction score
Fantastic! So basically online? How far in advance- I know that’s hard to answer
"Please share this with your non member salmon fishing friends

1) We are offering 3 day permits for the price of 2 for the 2021 season.

Book 2 day permits and get the 3rd day free. Permits must be booked and paid for in advance.

The offer is available throughout the season from March through September. Normal travel restrictions and Covid 19 travel regulations apply. It is the responsibility of the angler to ensure they are following the government guidelines at time of booking.

Contact East Mayo Anglers Association or any of our normal ticket outlets to avail of this great offer. This offer may also appear on our website for booking very soon.

Normal terms and conditions of the fishery apply."

It seems just the usual process. All permits have to be bought in advance of visiting the water, unlike some fisheries where the water keeper charges you when they meet you on the bank

Fall prince

Reaction score
"Please share this with your non member salmon fishing friends

1) We are offering 3 day permits for the price of 2 for the 2021 season.

Book 2 day permits and get the 3rd day free. Permits must be booked and paid for in advance.

The offer is available throughout the season from March through September. Normal travel restrictions and Covid 19 travel regulations apply. It is the responsibility of the angler to ensure they are following the government guidelines at time of booking.

Contact East Mayo Anglers Association or any of our normal ticket outlets to avail of this great offer. This offer may also appear on our website for booking very soon.

Normal terms and conditions of the fishery apply."

It seems just the usual process. All permits have to be bought in advance of visiting the water, unlike some fisheries where the water keeper charges you when they meet you on the bank
What a great post !

Fall prince

Reaction score
Ballina Salmon Anglers Assoc. Facebook page reporting a 9lb fish caught this morning.

Really getting the itch, but, with these restrictions still in place, I'll have to scratch for a while longer !!!!!
Hopefully won’t be to long 🙏