The River Moy

Woodsy

Reaction score
Thanks as always. I feel a lot more confident for next year now. Already looking forward to a wee trip in spring when, from what I heard, it outfishes all other fisheries ☺

solstace

Reaction score
East mayo hasnt outfished other beats for springers for last few years....stop listening to local wives tales from yesteryear........its only to get your money!!!!!!!!!

lax0341

Reaction score
That is sometimes the case on different salmon rivers and lakes/loughs.
Nearly 20years ago me and some very skilled salmon fishing friends fished Barrishoole.
There were salmon jumping around as like mad. Two of them nearly jumped in to our boots.But we didn’t caught a fish at all.

kenny sloan

Reaction score
good pool i was with a friend the year after the photo was taken(2013) when he had two fish in two days from there both on float fished worm one 10lb one 10.5lb both shining silver and this was the last week in june!!!!
Good fishing ,fish tend to lie up here ,a clearance of over hanging bushes etc have been cleared making the pool bigger .

nore fly

Reaction score
I see the moy is turning up a good few fish ...beautiful looking spring salmon on the moy..pure silver and all solid muscle.....

Woodsy

Reaction score
I'm thinking of heading tomorrow, just up and down on the the day to suss it all out, license etc...the forecast is extremely windy though so I don't know if I'll be wasting my time or not. Wont get another chance until after Easter!

peenie

Reaction score
Heading over to fish the Moy for the first time this week on the East Mayo water. Wanting to focus on the fly only stretch between the Gub and Gerraghtys. Would anyone have any advice? Also where would be the best place to park to fish this stretch? I sent an email to them but havnt heard anything back as of yet. Thanks in advance!

PAC

Reaction score
Best of luck it is a lovely stretch.

Several options.

1 is to park at the Gub and wade the Gweestion and then fish back down.

Other option is to park up at the various pools. It is a huge distance from Gerraghtys down to the Gub - so I would pick pools along the way depending on if you have any water.

There is parking on the grass verges at Gerraghtys and at various points along the river back towards the Gub.

Your best bet is to have a chat with Jimmy or any of the keepers when you arrive and they will show you on a map where the best place to park.

One of them is normally parked on Ballylahan Bridge before 8am - so you can pull up and have a chat.

Tight lines,

PAC

Woodsy

Reaction score
Planning to go down to East Mayo this weekend myself. The forecast isn't looking good though, with little rain and plenty of sun forecast! It wasn't forecasting this a few days ago :(

Woodsy

Reaction score
It's now saying 21mm forecast for tomorrow. If this falls, we are in for a good weekend :)

Prezmek

Reaction score
lower Moy

Anyone fishing Moy below Foxford? Im familiar with upper river but want catch 1 with prawn this season. Where to go? How is the river fishing this year? See some pictures on Tiernans FB page most of days but no details where and what on they are caught.

Getoffthepot

Reaction score
Anyone fishing Moy below Foxford? Im familiar with upper river but want catch 1 with prawn this season. Where to go? How is the river fishing this year? See some pictures on Tiernans FB page most of days but no details where and what on they are caught.
You can fish the prawn on Gannons. Don’t fish it myself but see them doing it on this fishery. Tickets from post office in Foxford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishingharry

Reaction score
You can fish the prawn on Gannons. Don’t fish it myself but see them doing it on this fishery. Tickets from post office in Foxford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi! You can fish the Prawn on the Foxford Fisherys, Gannons, Rinnany, Amstrongs, Byrns, Coolcronan,Attymass. Upstream Bakers only. Good advice at Tiarnans in Foxford. To get help from a local guide is worth the money.