The River Moy

a.clements

Reaction score
Anybody heard any news or reports of springers being caught on the Moy?

1.1 metres at Ballylahan bridge sounds like a good height to me - can't be long before somebody gets lucky and hooks the proverbial "Bar Of Silver".

Robbie_superlung

Reaction score
No fish yet from the river, I fished above the bridge at Swimford on the opening day no sign of fish..

I fished the wood pool today for a couple of hours, 2 celts spinning.

Water levels are dropping a couple of inches everyday but still a bit on the high side from Foxford downstream.

Very little angling activity on the river though..

Robbie_superlung

Reaction score
First fish of the season landed this morning at the boxes in Ballina. The small sea liced fish of 3lb was caught by local angler Martin Conroy at half 9 this morning and was taken on the worm..

Water levels continue to drop and the river is starting to take shape now.

a.clements

Reaction score
Well done Martyn !!
Not many seasons when he doesn't catch the first fish at the Boxes. :)

Ciarán

Reaction score
That's the biggest looking 3lb fish I've ever seen. What size is yer man..

yellow peril

Reaction score
when i first saw the picture i was thinking thats no 3lber:D but then i saw under the photo they say that fish was caught in 2010:D

Kylemore Killer

Reaction score
Can anything be done about pictures of what only can be described as ignorant gobshites with pictures of dead kelts on Facebook. Just saw photos of 2 dead kelts caught today on The Moy where it comes out of Lough Cullin. Judging by the comments left by their mates most of them are ignorant as well!!!

Last edited:

seanthemoy

Reaction score
Can anything be done about pictures of what only can be described as ignorant gobshites with pictures of dead kelts on Facebook. Just saw photos of 2 dead kelts caught today on The Moy where it comes out of Lough Cullin. Judging by the comments left by their mates most of them are ignorant as well!!!
Only ILLEGAL if the kelt has no tag.