The River Drowes

pmeenan

Reaction score
Are the fish well spread? Or all stuck down in slow water near wash stones etcc... Fly fishing down there is hard work

HowFar?

Reaction score
I fished the pools from the lough down to 4 Masters Bridge and had a half hour on the pool below Lennox Bridge. The only place I saw fish moving was in the slow water. I saw more people fishing worm/prawn than any other methods.

goodwin8288

Reaction score
Well I managed my first fish off the drowns last week after a few blank yearly visits a 3lb grilse on a green butt cascade and saw a few others caught and i also lost one and had another pull !!!!;)

Clive

Reaction score
As living up the country now for a few weeks in Sligo, i went for a drive last night to do a bit of fly fishing up at Mullighmore, and came across a sign for Bundoran, so went up, as mates on my course live there and said i should have a peek.

On entering the strip leading to Bundoran, i saw Drowes river sign, I again hadn't thought about google and knew that I would eventually get up to Drowes, but its only a short trip from the house, drove down to where it enters the Ocean and saw the lads fishing the 4 pools, it looked amazing, and I met Billy there..

He asked me to follow him and he would show me the entire system, sound...

I couldn't believe the beauty of this place, and Lough Melvin looked fab, the accommodation was in the perfect setting too, nice and quiet. Great chat with Billy and Im on fro saturday morning, well for 25 Euro to fish it all day and anytime start/finish etc, ill be sure to be doing it at least a few times a month, met up with a Bloke who has visited every year for the last 36 years, he told me the last few days were terrible ( especially when i saw around 6 Grilse right in front of me ) but as the weather is now breaking, it should be good again.

I think when you live outside Ireland for a number of years, you really Appreciate what we actually have in this country, Beautiful

nore fly

Reaction score
How is the river looking for the opening day 2018....best of luck to all that venture out and fingers crossed for a good season ....

Silver hunter

Reaction score
stop the worming and shrimping!!!

on the river today,plenty of anglers out and saw two fish killed both fresh,think there were two yesterday also.river getting low again for the fly.

Royser89

Reaction score
Im heading up next friday hopefully the water is right first time fishing the drowes

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Inisisle

Reaction score
Im heading up next friday hopefully the water is right first time fishing the drowes

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I see you got a little help elsewhere.
Many anglers seem to have disappeared from the Irish pools of Salmon Fishing Forum.
They have been swept up in the nets of Facebook, I think.

And perhaps their details have been .......restocked elsewhere.:shocked:

In any case, the best of luck on the Drowse.

GeeBee

Reaction score
I may make it to the Drowse for a couple of days after Paddy's Day - can anyone recommend a good B&B. it will just be me so self catering won't make sense.

GeeBee

Reaction score
great solid looking fish. i wonder if he will catch and release the silver bar - that's a hell of a memento to keep.

i had the 6th on the Drowse in Nigels competition, but the Delphi beat me to it. :lol: