The River Bush

Silver hunter

Reaction score
wow!!!!!!!!! !thats about 2 fish per mile of river the salmon station will be bragging soon about their successful experiments!!!!!!!!!

hurricane

Reaction score
Bush in great order today, fish caught on town and I would imagine leap. In good flood but clear.

Overall, still poor though.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
how many fish would run this river in a season now js always heard good reports years ago about the river if its finished thats a shame

I never fished it nitro but stood many a day on the wall of the carpark on the town stretch watching the fish moving up through the weir and heading and tailing right along the stretch. That isn't that long ago either.

I remember too watching a shoal of literally hundreds of salmon right under the cliffs in Portballantrae one evening.

The figures for the Bush are online if you do a search. How far they go back, I am not sure.

nitro2012

Reaction score
I never fished it nitro but stood many a day on the wall of the carpark on the town stretch watching the fish moving up through the weir and heading and tailing right along the stretch. That isn't that long ago either.

I remember too watching a shoal of literally hundreds of salmon right under the cliffs in Portballantrae one evening.

The figures for the Bush are online if you do a search. How far they go back, I am not sure.
never been to the river but from the storys i heard its a sin the way things are with it now will have a look to see if i can get the recent figures somewhere

hurricane

Reaction score
Compared to last year, this is only half that number of fish through the traps to the same date.

TheDerg

Reaction score
No idea how it's going but if you phone the salmon station they normally tell you what's through the traps. Mon to Fri though.

lekip

Reaction score
The Salmon Station stated that there were 444 through the traps up until 30th July.

piper89

Reaction score
dust

had to blow the dust of this thread when I managed to find it anything happening on the bush?? traps r anything getting caught as reports seem to top secret

YoungRyan

Reaction score
From my understanding the run last year was notably better. Just wondering if anyone knows when the figures will be available to indicate marine survival of the 2016 run? Or are they already available somewhere perhaps? interested to see if this is also better than previous years.

piper89

Reaction score
From my understanding the run last year was notably better. Just wondering if anyone knows when the figures will be available to indicate marine survival of the 2016 run? Or are they already available somewhere perhaps? interested to see if this is also better than previous years.

Can anybody confirm if this is a better year????not seeing any reports and I wouldn't mind a run up...

Silver hunter

Reaction score
at the leap yesterday with the new screw turbine in action,proper ruined this river and not a fish in sight.This is the government in action looking after the Salmon !

Potbellied Pig

Reaction score
I was there on Monday booked a half day stayed 1.5 hr
saw a couple of small well coloured fish.
Turbine reminds me of how the agivey has been destroyed
Probably won't go back!