The River Bush

Ciarán

Reaction score
Anybody know if there's any fish through the traps yet..
was up for a drive on Tuesday and the river was at a nice height but stinking brown..

On a related note - there appears to be no public information on whether we're required to use single barbless or not..

william m

Reaction score
ciaran not sure about the traps, but i was up on monday and it was starting to colour i didn't see any one fishing there was some wind blowing down it,i was out a run and just had a look.
william

hurricane

Reaction score
I was speaking to a man who is a member of that bush club or whatever it is called and he told me they had a meeting with dcal and you can kill fish on the bush this year and members have been given 5 tags. :confused:

Ciarán

Reaction score
Your havin a laugh. North Antrim anglers?

If that's true its a disgrace. Even if its not true, its clear that nobody still knows what's going on and there's a belief that you can kill five fish.

hurricane

Reaction score
Your havin a laugh. North Antrim anglers?

If that's true its a disgrace. Even if its not true, its clear that nobody still knows what's going on and there's a belief that you can kill five fish.

Yes the north antrim anglers.

I have been told by a member that DCAL have agreed that 5 fish can be taken and he says he has his tags for 2012. He said he was at the meeting where DCAL agreed how many fish can be taken.

The BushMan

Reaction score
North Antrim Anglers has not had a meeting with DCAL this year so somebodys telling big storys,as for the number of tags with the DCAL permit if you got your permit in jan/feb you will have got all 10 tags but
if you get it now you only get 2 tags,not sure if there has been any fish to the trap but there was a fresh fish got two weeks ago on the townstretch,lets hope there is no fish killed this year on the bush as its on its last legs due to the actions of the salmon station.

rrw35

Reaction score
Yes the north antrim anglers.

I have been told by a member that DCAL have agreed that 5 fish can be taken and he says he has his tags for 2012. He said he was at the meeting where DCAL agreed how many fish can be taken.

Nothing like creating feelings of resentment from other compulsory C & R clubs.:rolleyes:

What genius dreamt that 5 tags plan up? DCAL??

Ciarán

Reaction score
North Antrim Anglers has not had a meeting with DCAL this year so somebodys telling big storys,as for the number of tags with the DCAL permit if you got your permit in jan/feb you will have got all 10 tags but
if you get it now you only get 2 tags,not sure if there has been any fish to the trap but there was a fresh fish got two weeks ago on the townstretch,lets hope there is no fish killed this year on the bush as its on its last legs due to the actions of the salmon station.

You've got to wonder at the wisdom of these boys..Supposed to be complete C & R on DCAL waters - yet here's two tags.

OUR JACK

Reaction score
You've got to wonder at the wisdom of these boys..Supposed to be complete C & R on DCAL waters - yet here's two tags.

It,s obvious that if you are issued tags that the decision to release is up to the angler, you would imagine the club would have given the members some information on it since such an issue was made of it. It seems not much has changed except the opinions of a few anglers.

The BushMan

Reaction score
DCAL has left the river bush wide open for two salmon to be killed by all anglers,the tags are there in the event of the salmon not being able to be released after the fight and there will be people will use this to there advantage,even with the old rules where all salmon had to be released before 1st of jun that didnt stop the salmon being killed on the bush and these new rules wil be no different.

Reaction score
DCAL had one chance to get this right and they blew it. Fish will be killed on the bush this year. Since the nets are seemingly off this year, it'll be the anglers targeted next year for killing fish when the runs are still dire.

brown river

Reaction score
salmon up the bush,

Anybody know if there's any fish through the traps yet..
was up for a drive on Tuesday and the river was at a nice height but stinking brown..

On a related note - there appears to be no public information on whether we're required to use single barbless or not..

one wild fish up through the traps ciaran.

Ciarán

Reaction score
Just landed a tiny fresh fish from the new stretch. Bout three and a half. Puzzlin.

piper89

Reaction score
how much is the bush to fish during july and aug? is it easy enough to get on i know u have to book the town streach

Ciarán

Reaction score
Hey, it's still a fish.:D:D Many about?

I had one other tug...but seen no fish.

One thing that struck me as the fish swam away, is that a few hundred metres up the river the fish, which was a ranched fish, would be nutted at the salmon station. Truly bizzarre situation.

So while our minister says no-one is killing salmon this year. That's not true. Her own department is, and for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good going Ciaran. Just shows you what is about if you put the effort in. What did you get it on?

Anyone else think we haven't heard the end of this no nets decision yet?

Ciarán

Reaction score
It took one of my own flame thrower variants.

Your spot on about this nets stuff.....there's no notices up regarding c & r or anything..and no indication of it on the website or during the booking process. Typical dcal.

fiery brown

Reaction score
I had one other tug...but seen no fish.

One thing that struck me as the fish swam away, is that a few hundred metres up the river the fish, which was a ranched fish, would be nutted at the salmon station. Truly bizzarre situation.

So while our minister says no-one is killing salmon this year. That's not true. Her own department is, and for no apparent reason.

does that mean they are nutters?