The pot calling the kettle black-ford

keirstream

Reaction score
Grow up Keirstream. The overly dramatic posts are just boring. Blood on their hands - geez a break. Charles Kennedy died of alcoholism, good guy that he may have been - FACT.
As I said, despite what you try to make up, I don't condone the type of abuse that he suffered. The person who consistently abused him online was removed from the party - FACT.
Other politicians suffer similar abuse - FACT.
I grew up a long time ago.
Maybe time you did and take the tartan tinted blinkered glasses though.
Give up on the denial syndrome you all seem afflicted with.
Maybe then you will see the real world that most other folk actually live in.
It's called reality.

goosander

Reaction score
What was a good idea was the old Water Purification Boards, they made a big difference to water quality in lots of Scottish rivers after the war and surely played a part in some of the great catches from the 50s onwards. Do they still exist?
The old Clyde River Purification Board used to have people who's job it was to walk all the burns to make sure they were clean. Nowadays the various angling clubs have to do that.
Bob.

Sunset_angler

Reaction score
Grow up Keirstream. The overly dramatic posts are just boring. Blood on their hands - geez a break. Charles Kennedy died of alcoholism, good guy that he may have been - FACT.
As I said, despite what you try to make up, I don't condone the type of abuse that he suffered. The person who consistently abused him online was removed from the party - FACT.
Other politicians suffer similar abuse - FACT.
Really 🤬
I am absolutely gobsmacked that you even try to condone the vile, abusive personal campaign against an obviously unwell man who was fighting for his own sanity whilst being deliberately pushed over the cliff by a cabal of vile Nationalist trolls in which, whether you like it or not, Blackford played a leading role.
You are absolutely dredging the bottom of the sewage works that you so eloquently try also to defend your party's stance on.:(
You and I don't see eye to eye on politics but I said on many occasions I would happily share a dram with you on a riverbank somewhere.
But to try and lay the blame on a sick man by suggesting that he was responsible for mounting the whole sickening campaign on himself is bizarre as equally your suggestion that his own party was also to blame just beggars belief.:unsure::unsure:
Your party has Charles Kenedy's blood on their hands and no amount of denials will ever change the facts although I have no doubt that if there ever were an independent Scotland, the whole sorry , shameful incident would be totally whitewashed from the history books.:(
I am totally with you on this one, why anyone would even think about going down the route of defending Blackford for his leading role in pushing an unwell man over the edge beggars belief.

The problem is that those that blindly follow wee Nicola are so blinkered they can't see the wood for the trees, or the bull$hit for the turds in this case.

The hardcore segments of SNP followers are dangerous, and I do mean dangerous!!! And will never listen to reason, I gave up trying to have a sensible conversation with them years ago!

Fruin

Reaction score
Really 🤬

I am totally with you on this one, why anyone would even think about going down the route of defending Blackford for his leading role in pushing an unwell man over the edge beggars belief.

The problem is that those that blindly follow wee Nicola are so blinkered they can't see the wood for the trees, or the bull$hit for the turds in this case.

The hardcore segments of SNP followers are dangerous, and I do mean dangerous!!! And will never listen to reason, I gave up trying to have a sensible conversation with them years ago!
That's bull and you know it. Like I have said I had a lot of respect for Charles Kennedy, but... his death was caused by years of alcoholism, not by Ian Blackford saying "Where's Charles?".

Elibank

Reaction score
That's bull and you know it. Like I have said I had a lot of respect for Charles Kennedy, but... his death was caused by years of alcoholism, not by Ian Blackford saying "Where's Charles?".
Ian Blackford would never use two words when 250 would do, I have no horse in the race regarding Scottish politics, but the man is a bluffer, a blowhard.

Jonjon

Reaction score
Did he ever say why he left Deutsche Bank…was lots of questionable going ons at the time? He has done well for attending one of the top private schools in Edinburgh…plays the poor hard done by crofter extremely well.

heather point

Reaction score
He does play the poor crofter card rather well.
The truth of the matter is that he is a multi millionaire.
Just bought two Range Rovers, one for himself and one for his wife, who rumour has it has been getting well looked after by Alex Salmon,( remember him.)

Invermarnoch

Reaction score
I think Blackford is a national embarrassment. Either he is unaware that Scotland has received in recent times a subsidy from the UK Treasury of about £16 bn per annum (increased to about £21bn in the last budget) or he refrains, like NS, from acknowledging it because it does not suit his agenda to do so. What can we say about these options? Firstly, if he does not know about the subdidy, he is unfit to govern and if he does know about it, he is misleading the Scottish people by not acknowledging it, and by articulating rather silly grievamces instead. Incidentally, I have yet to hear any SNP politcian complain about the colossal tonnage of litter deposited on the verges of our motorways by Scots who should know better. So far as I can see, the SNP does little or nothing to promote good citizenship. No wonder, with people like Blackford at their helm.

morphfly

Reaction score
If independence materialises Westminster's loss will be Holyroods gain. Blackford will have no agenda at least now he's widow twanky to everyone else's Prince charming.
Merry Christmas !
Morphfly

Sunset_angler

Reaction score
Did it ever occur to the rest of the SNP members that Blackford would lose more than he would gain should Scotland become independent.

Just full of hot air