The Photography Thread

John Keane

Reaction score
Anyone fancy a go at a photography themed thread? I’ve always had cameras since I was a kid, Box Brownie, Instamatic, Polaroid, Viewfinder, film SLR, Bridge Superzoom and now a Nikon DSLR.

I’m particularly interested in bird and wildlife photography and looking at getting a big 200-500mm zoom for my 70th birthday to go with my Nikon D7200.

Off for a birding holiday to the Danube Delta next April and hoping to make good use of the new lens.

mows

Reaction score
Good idea John.
Im just beginning to play with the camera.
Here are some from my walk last Saturday.

If theres any interest we could even have a different theme every month.

squares.jpgmonitor4.jpgfabermount3.jpgDSCF1656.JPGDSCF1606.JPG

mows

Reaction score
That’s exotic, mows, where is it?

Singapore.

Theres a surprising amount of jungle and wild life.
Most days you see pale bellied sea eagles and bald eagles over the city.
Theres a lot of exotic birds, but very difficult to get pictures.
Its exceptionally photogenic.

Cheers

Mows

Jockiescott

Reaction score
There is a photography section on the forum that hasn't really been used much in recent years.

We had some excellent threads in the section when Springer and Crispin were still around.

I have an old DSLR which is around 10 years old now. I basically only use it now for taking photos of the motorbikes at the North West 200 or occasionally a fly for TOTM.

With phone cameras coming on so much, my phone camera has a resolution upto 40 megapixels, its as handy for me to use the phone camera most of the time.

John Keane

Reaction score
Taken in Anagach Woods, Grantown on Spey with a Nikon D7200 & 70-300 zoom lens

Attachments

• 7B9236DC-7EBF-4372-B5E5-9FE87508BAC3.jpeg
    7B9236DC-7EBF-4372-B5E5-9FE87508BAC3.jpeg
    401.1 KB · Views: 106

John Keane

Reaction score
Anyone recommend me a good (free) uncomplicated image hosting site? Attaching photos from computer doesn’t give the best results. I used to be on Photobucket but that has changed beyond all recognition.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Anyone recommend me a good (free) uncomplicated image hosting site? Attaching photos from computer doesn’t give the best results. I used to be on Photobucket but that has changed beyond all recognition.

I used imgur

It took a bit of getting used to but no problems once I got onto it.

There's also an app for mobile phones that allows you to upload your phone photos but the last time I used it there was no sharing to forums from the app which wasn't great.

From the computer though is no problem.