The munster blackwater

nore fly

Reaction score
Any reports from the munster Blackwater...looks like plenty of thunder showers over the catchment ...what days are the nets on the estuary this year ....and what is the end date ..

Petekd

Reaction score
The grilse are in.... Some spanking sea liced fish showing this last couple of days, fortunate enough to land a couple.
B01C59E9-5676-4B1C-9820-7A1C381A51A8.jpeg

iainmortimer

Reaction score
That's a lovely looking fish especially after so many slightly coloured fish seemed to be appear last year.

Petekd

Reaction score
It’s Lower Kilmurry Ian. It rose maybe 4-5 inches is all, actually fished best before the evening before it rose believe it or not, hit 3 on Friday evening. Not sure that thunder the last couple of evenings helped matters, I got caught in some biblical stuff, as it quietened down a little action wise again but meeting fish on most visits now which is great. I fish 3-4 times a week, short sharp little sessions.

Fish Tracker

Reaction score
Any reports from the lower and upper Blackwater now that the water is starting to drop back?

Petekd

Reaction score
Must be bad if no replies
??. Best season in many years, so I’m told but I’m only fishing it the last 4 so take that at face value. River is stuffed with fish, not too easy to tempt this past day or two but plenty in it and persistence will get you one. Had fish on the bank every trip this past fortnight, that’s 10 from 9 visits fishing primarily an hour or two in the evening. Smattering of fresh fish running amongst many longer term fish. River currently still running at a decent level height wise from the floods, it’s taken a long time to run off and is now crystal clear. We have had a super season.

montymajor

Reaction score
??. Best season in many years, so I’m told but I’m only fishing it the last 4 so take that at face value. River is stuffed with fish, not too easy to tempt this past day or two but plenty in it and persistence will get you one. Had fish on the bank every trip this past fortnight, that’s 10 from 9 visits fishing primarily an hour or two in the evening. Smattering of fresh fish running amongst many longer term fish. River currently still running at a decent level height wise from the floods, it’s taken a long time to run off and is now crystal clear. We have had a super season.

montymajor

Reaction score
Been a good season with better quality fish be interesting to see if we get an autumn run as last number of years have been very bad

GeeBee

Reaction score
The Daily Mail says Castlehyde House on the Blackwater above Fermoy town has been finally sold. Flatley is selling off all the contents.

I wonder if the new owners will re-open the fishing. The stretch above the House was quite good. Opposite the house and below was boat only though. Rumours are that a hotel chain has bought it.

GeeBee

Reaction score
Anyone fished Carrigane Fishery? any good?
Not since the early 90's, it was in private ownership for many years until recently.

It was on the North bank, first beat above the wall i think.

My memory is of a relatively short beat with nice fly water. We only fished it twice i think. Dad hooked and lost a grilse one evening on the fly.

I was hoping to fish it last summer and this one. So i'd be interested if anyone does fish it - our border here looks like it wont be open until September at the earliest 🙁