The madness continues

gwelsher

Reaction score
I have got used to seeing the ridiculous £150 Jungle Cock cape now but clicking through Ebay I came across this. £110.99 for an ordinary cock cape dyed golden olive. I think I have seen it all now :eek::eek::eek:
The fly tying world is going even more bonkers than it was.
Is the reason for the recent price hikes a supply shortage, which doesn't seem the case, or an influx of new tyers who are prepared to pay these prices :unsure:

Andrew B

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that fly tying lots in auctions have also gone through the roof.

gwelsher

Reaction score
That has to be a typo surely??? 😮

The £6 hen capes from cookshill are looking even better after seeing that!!! 😂

Postage is free though :D

I’ve noticed that fly tying lots in auctions have also gone through the roof.

Yes bundles of cheap old Veniards etc stuff is selling for silly money.

At all these prices my fly tying collection must be worth more than the GDP of a small country o_Oo_O

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Does anyone actually buy these things? I think it’s a bit like the chancers looking for £300 for a B&W Century 15ft ‘vintage’ Salmon rod.

That said, I’m just off to value the tying materials, £110 you say Gary?

gwelsher

Reaction score
Maybe they typed a digit '1' by mistake, 10.99 would seem reasonable for this cape :LOL:
Almost certainly a typo, if you click on the "See Other Items" link within the advert the seller lists lots of other capes @ £10.99.
No doubt is a typo but if they don't correct it soon some idiot will buy it because "it is expensive so it must be good"

There again he does want £112.95 for a Milbro catapult so maybe he likes typos.

britfisher

Reaction score
Gary, your collection of fly tying stuff was worth more than the GDP of a small country even before Covid 19!
Have to say though, your advice years ago to buy Jungle Cock capes as a hedge against inflation was spot on - pity I didn’t buy a few (thousand) more!

Handel

Reaction score
You blokes had better have a look at the details of your house insurance. There are plenty of scumbags out there nicking dogs. Your flytying stuff will be next😡.