The huntresses

T

TonyPrior

The wonderful 'Terrible Twins' of Nordreisa. Started fishing at 4yo, ptarmigan shooting at 9. Now 21 years old.

It's all in Norwegian, but you can get the drift - it's the Reisa Valley.

[video]http://tv.nrk.no/serie/ut-i-naturen/dnpr65008512/07-01-2014[/video]

Barrarex

Reaction score
Bloody hell!(intended). Started off enjoying the video but as it progressed became increasingly uneasy. Not that sure why, maybe just the coldness and ruthlessness? Double white females, that's for sure.

T

TonyPrior

Bloody hell!(intended). Started off enjoying the video but as it progressed became increasingly uneasy. Not that sure why, maybe just the coldness and ruthlessness? Double white females, that's for sure.

You're not alone - this programme got the girls lots of criticism when it was screened in Norway. I didn't find them ruthless or cold - they hunt for the pot, pure and simple. The film does not adequately convey the cold and the difficulty of the terrain that these girls happily negotiate in pursuit of their quarry. I did feel uneasy about the carrying of an unbroken gun over the shoulder though - at one point the camera was looking down the barrels :eek::(
Here is another clip of the ruthless twins in action:

Denfield Bud

Reaction score
Who taught them?

They certainly didn't mess about,treated their quarry with respect,especially the hare.
What was their mother like?
Appreciated their love for the dogs.

Fly-Tom

Reaction score
I did feel uneasy about the carrying of an unbroken gun over the shoulder though - at one point the camera was looking down the barrels

I have actually noticed the same and when it happened I noticed that I, myself sank a little down in my chair when the barrels were pointing directly at me :D

Regards,
tom

Barrarex

Reaction score
Hi T.P.
I get the hunting for the pot, I do. I just got the feeling that they would have kept on killing if another x 10 amounts of birds or beasts got up in front of them. I reckon that's what got to me. Probably the lack of commentary didn't help soften/explain the actions but I did recognise and appreciate the physical exertion expanded and that without any visible signs of fatigue.

Piker20

Reaction score
Yep what with the shotguns and the extreme fitness I doubt many guys give them grief. Lovely live though to be out in the hills.