The Graveyard Run (River Finn, Donegal Ireland)

keirstream

Reaction score
Must have been an interesting wade at 3.5 feet Andrew?
Lovely wee fish though and deserved for sticking out that gale. Well done for persevering.(y)
Where you have one over me--------definitely-------is using that net single handed.
Getting it off and into the locked position in the water is beyond me and despite trying so often
I struggle to net a fish that I am playing myself in running water. I manage it, but not well and
have had several casualties of a botched conflict.:eek:
I much prefer to get their noses on the bank or into a wee bay or backwater and tail them.
Much less hassle for me. I know that isn't an option at the Graveyard, a bit like the real thing.
Once you are in, you are in.:D
B.T.W. do you have sex at that speed????????
Another good watch, thanks.(y)(y)

easky

Reaction score
Lovely wee fish though and deserved for sticking out that gale. Well done for persevering.(y)
Where you have one over me--------definitely-------is using that net single handed.
Getting it off and into the locked position in the water is beyond me and despite trying so often
I struggle to net a fish that I am playing myself in running water. I manage it, but not well and
I much prefer to get their noses on the bank or into a wee bay or backwater and tail them.
Much less hassle for me. I know that isn't an option at the Graveyard, a bit like the real thing.
Yep 3.5ft is interesting wading.. I’ve fished up to 4ft and above that it’s time to get out!😀. And yep netting one handed in a strong flow is a handful, especially with a rubberised C&R bag which tends to catch the water more. I’m normally ok but a couple of seasons I had golfers elbow and that was tricky! And what happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom 🤫😄. What actually happened was I accidentally changed the camera setting to timelapse mode, in the edit I slowed it down a little bit lost the sound of the runs etc. Hopefully you’ll get a run down it later this year 🤞🎣👍👍

mc andy

Reaction score
Great wee video Andrew! Thanks for sharing.

I'm with you on the net Tom, I had my first season with it on my back last year, definitely a learning curve. Lost a few due to silly errors, but getting the fish upstream of you is definitely the answer, if you can that is.

Not going to lie, if a beaching is available I do still do it.

easky

Reaction score
Great wee video Andrew! Thanks for sharing.

I'm with you on the net Tom, I had my first season with it on my back last year, definitely a learning curve. Lost a few due to silly errors, but getting the fish upstream of you is definitely the answer, if you can that is.

Not going to lie, if a beaching is available I do still do it.
Thanks McAndy and netting can be a handful at times but I think it generally allows you to get a fish in a little quicker which is good when you’re fishing C&R fisheries like the Finn