The Drowes Produces A Whopper.

nitro2012

Reaction score
25lb Fish From The Drowes Today And What A Fish.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210222-191941~2.png
    Screenshot_20210222-191941~2.png
    499.6 KB · Views: 390

Woodsy

Reaction score
Deeply hooked was nonsense, we have all seen the video. I've no problem with people killing massive fish if they pay for their license they are totally allowed. Fair play for catching such a monster. I wouldn't have killed it, but he's within his rights....it's the lies that it wasn't able to go back that pisses me off. I also seen a post from an Irish fishery on Facebook pretending an angler was putting a fish back...it was sun crisp and solid 🤔 just be honest 😔

SteveG

Reaction score
Deeply hooked was nonsense, we have all seen the video. I've no problem with people killing massive fish if they pay for their license they are totally allowed. Fair play for catching such a monster. I wouldn't have killed it, but he's within his rights....it's the lies that it wasn't able to go back that pisses me off. I also seen a post from an Irish fishery on Facebook pretending an angler was putting a fish back...it was sun crisp and solid 🤔 just be honest 😔
Well said, hear that a lot these days normally when the fish is coloured it’s the favourite excuse 🤥

Slaneysider

Reaction score
Totally agree with you Pal, it's really getting Anglers riled up this one, and it's not all sour grapes, I have no problem with the Angler but he could of showed some discretion about the whole thing, I have a friend who is doesn't even fish and knows next to nothing about it and he sent me a picture of the fish on what's app yesterday that's social media for you, very poor judgement on behalf of the angler who caught the fish.
He wanted the limelight he got it but might regret it now.

Woodsy

Reaction score
Any links to the video of the capture ?
On a few of the Irish salmon fishing groups, Irish salmon rivers, fishbook Eire, fishbook Ireland etc. It doesn't show it being landed but it shows a clip of him holding it up to his chest a few feet back from the river and it has some kick in it.

In fairness folks, I don't know if that little white lie came from the angler or the fishery

GeeBee

Reaction score
Great fish. I think the biggest fish in Ireland last year was that Ballyhooley fish which was estimated at 26lb i think ?

Not many Irish Anglers will land a 20lber thats for sure !

Woodsy

Reaction score
Fish of a lifetime _silver fish ,should taste lovely or a great one to be mounted.ls it me or do l detect a hint of jealousy in some of the posts here?😀
Hell right! I think every man on here wants to be that man right now 🤣

Bogwoppit

Reaction score
Great fish. I think the biggest fish in Ireland last year was that Ballyhooley fish which was estimated at 26lb i think ?

29lbs from the Suir, was on the ifi site, I know of a couple more high 20’s.

yellowbelly

Reaction score

Beautiful fish, and well done to Seamus

GeeBee:
Too true, a twenty plus is a rarity, hard enough at times to get a genuine 10lbs plus fish, a twenty is a fish of a lifetime for a rare lucky few.

I imagine they will publish the exact weight when it's properly weighed for claiming an Irish specimen certificate, as they will likely claim this as one for the river

andyangler

Reaction score
If the fishery allows fish to be taken,its down to the individual ,if they want to take
a fish.None the less,a great fish.

wormo

Reaction score
great fish 👌
but does every irish springer get chapped ?? I know its the individuals choice but I see a lot of dead Irish spring fish. are the Irish stocks healthy enough to maintain this ?
no need for tin hat its just my observation

Woodsy

Reaction score
great fish 👌
but does every irish springer get chapped ?? I know its the individuals choice but I see a lot of dead Irish spring fish. are the Irish stocks healthy enough to maintain this ?
no need for tin hat its just my observation
You are allowed 1 a day and a maximum of 3 in total until mid May. On the Moy almost all springers are killed. I would hazard a guess the drowse is the same.

No massive runs either

wormo

Reaction score
You are allowed 1 a day and a maximum of 3 in total until mid May. On the Moy almost all springers are killed. I would hazard a guess the drowse is the same.

No massive runs either
what happens after mid May?