The Dreaded Flying C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnock

Reaction score
some people on here won't be happy until spinning is banned altogether. I enjoy spinning a lot more than fly fishing, so why shouldn't I be allowed to spin if thats what I prefer. I don't rant on about banning fly fishing or worming or any other method just because I don't like it or agree with it. Who do these people think they are anyway, they seem to think that they are something special and superior to other types of anglers and want everything to suit them.

marty31

Reaction score
I only spin if or when river levels are falling after a spate the conditions dictate , I much prefer the conehead tube or a conehead sunray,
Not like you tidal bashers hammering away in drought conditions with the Leaded Dreaded FC with the Tweed well below summer level on the ebbing tides, and ye top culprit ,nee wonder RTC boatmen survey ! time the RTC grabbed this one by the jaws ( locked) Tidal a beats exempt (n)is a travesty DFC this goes on
DDTPM🥧🥧🥧
the tweed has never been well below summer level all season you tit! are you suggesting we don't fish the tide ebb? tell ya big ginger mate that! he has men in "up to their tits" from the top of the tide back down, folk like you do the river na good whatsoever, how many did ya hero get today? AH

marty31

Reaction score
This is what Lord of the Lees keeps on about
He Quotes
"The more difficult it is to catch a fish, the more the satisfaction, and, of course" (meaning ban spinning in low water I presume)
"The extent to which some Tweed beats use spinning in low water is an abomination and a stain on the Tweed’s good name."

Exempt ? answers on a postcard please
It is mainly the tidal beat(s) that need the protection in low water hammering away with lead, and more so fish held up in low water up to the island in the Squire pool below probably the greatest stopper of fish to run the river and more so this late drought spring up to June too this needs addressing first by the RTC . never mind a boatman questionnaire !
Spin only at 1ft 6ins and above in a rise only with river levels from the catchment upstream and not off the tides , fly at all levels . And don't bother replying all this sunray s--t ,
It should be up to the beats above the tidal area to decide what methods and levels to allow their rods to spin 👍 not the RTC (n)? There is plenty ado with spinning ending on the 15th September, . Tidal beats exempt is just a big joke ! 🤣:ROFLMAO:
your obsessed about your so called lord, he is no more of a lord than my pet cat! he is an accountant (retired) and a proprietor, along with more than 100 others! why would a gillies (lackie) like yourself have any authority to impose a hight/spinning restriction? after all how many pennies do you pay towards the upkeep of the RTC ? your ginger mate would be happy with the squire shut down! its the first time theirs been a good build up for donkeys years! shut the "maryknowe" or junction, bridge pool at norham I could go on all night you prick! my local river the aln is fly only, but the tidal is all legal methods, reason being, believe it or not, because you cannot fish the fly with the lagoon water of the tide, its a tenth of the size of the bottom tidal tweed, ya gobshite whats stopping any fish running up past the island above the squire? for gods sake the big tides reach 2 miles up from there! ya user name should be changed from conehead to tit head you AH

Coneheads

Reaction score
your obsessed about your so called lord, he is no more of a lord than my pet cat! he is an accountant (retired) and a proprietor, along with more than 100 others! why would a gillies (lackie) like yourself have any authority to impose a hight/spinning restriction? after all how many pennies do you pay towards the upkeep of the RTC ? your ginger mate would be happy with the squire shut down! its the first time theirs been a good build up for donkeys years! shut the "maryknowe" or junction, bridge pool at norham I could go on all night you prick! my local river the aln is fly only, but the tidal is all legal methods, reason being, believe it or not, because you cannot fish the fly with the lagoon water of the tide, its a tenth of the size of the bottom tidal tweed, ya gobshite whats stopping any fish running up past the island above the squire? for gods sake the big tides reach 2 miles up from there! ya user name should be changed from conehead to tit head you AH
Plenty of canal water on the Thurso river , and they catch on the fly ,hitches ,SRS etc , its just the knowledge of how to fish them , ( you seemingly don't 🤣) and yes I've been there and done that , put it down to experience, yer friend Geordie 's river has a video of a 30lber, the rod wasn't on "casting practice either " great quote off GD , go and play with yer FC's,, M & M,, 🥧 🥧 🥧

keltie

Reaction score
Plenty of canal water on the Thurso river , and they catch on the fly ,hitches ,SRS etc , its just the knowledge of how to fish them , ( you seemingly don't 🤣) and yes I've been there and done that , put it down to experience, yer friend Geordie 's river has a video of a 30lber, the rod wasn't on "casting practice either " great quote off GD , go and play with yer FC's,, M & M,, 🥧 🥧 🥧
What’s M & M? Mad Marty

Coneheads

Reaction score
Marti FC , I can't help but have a good chuckle on here reading your posts, just as well I'm not eating pies 🥧 or drinking 🍵as they be splattered on me 'puter, Your compatriot BW must be having a good laugh too ? hope he's not having a cuppa and a pie too ? willie gunns ? blimey BW he endorses you always have the spinner gear on the go when you do go out on yer WD40 beat ,ledding it with the DFC and never ever a fly rod if the truth was known ! Just what do you get out of trying to kid all on here ? I seen it and all yer rods have too . just 13 days left and you can stack yer spinning gear away. Kev on Tweedswood is a good instructor if you want to learn how to cast a proper rod and line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.