The Don 2020

scoops

Reaction score
Not by me anyway, had 3 hours at Kemnay this morning, could have been done we a touch more water for the fly, but still a nice morning to be out
Casting was awful at times, spent 10 mins trying to figure out why I couldn’t do a snapT cast, then twigged wrong bank 🙄

david1982mk2

Reaction score
A springer was claimed using a pic of a grilse caught in 2014.... Too funny

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

westie4566

Reaction score
A wind up that went a bit wrong.
But there have been a couple of springers caught on the ADAA water at Kemnay.
I've heard of one at Kemnay and one at (I think) Ardmurdo, SOS. Nae amazing, but nae bad and earlier than the first last year so hopefully we get a decentish spring again, SOS!

So, someone fecked up....no biggie. None of us is without fault. Life is a learning process.

I'm rather surprised by a certain SFF member making such a meal of this and gloating so much....at 25 posts.

One might think he had a personal agenda?

keirstream

Reaction score
Really disappointed to hear of this.
There's got to be a simple answer to this.
Bill is a good, experienced angler and also a very decent person. He knows his fishing inside out.
He is also too savvy to make getting caught out as easy as has effectively happened with a photo already used on a local blog so something is simply not right. It has to be a wind up of sorts, but for whose benefit? It's almost as if he has laid a bread crumb trail of clues for someone.
I have to say when I saw what was not a good photo of what was an obvious "older" fish I automatically gave Bill the benefit of the doubt due to his long experience in the game. He knows a springer when he sees one basically.
I'd like to know the answer to it.

david1982mk2

Reaction score
Serves as another reminder that people don't forget fish. With all the old blogs that's still up on the web.You'd be surprised how much old fish pics are nicked and reused.

We've had a laugh draw a line time to move on. That's "one" on 26 posts now

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

wormo

Reaction score
Exactly, it went wrong for a long standing member who has contributed a lot over the years..........lets move on
oh come on , what am I going to do with all the fire wood I collected , not all bad though at least I can get a refund for my new pitch fork 🥴

HMarquis

Reaction score
Does anyone know why fetternear cant be booked on fishpal? Is it now kept just for their season tickets only?

scoops

Reaction score
Fished from 9 till 2 yesterday, Upper and Lower Fintry, never seen or touched a thing, water looked good, fine day to be out when it warmed up a bit
Anybody fishing the top of Upper Fintry take care the winter floods not been kind to the banks

Jbspring

Reaction score
Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson come to mind when I read some of the posts on this thread....

Any news on the Don? By the looks of it the water never came to anything.

Jb

scoops

Reaction score
Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson come to mind when I read some of the posts on this thread....

Any news on the Don? By the looks of it the water never came to anything.

Jb
Should be decent sploush of water the morn if forecast is to be believed, would think the Don will be a mucky sight if rain does arrive!!!

westie4566

Reaction score
Even though the Don is back down to zero on the guage again, it was still carrying some nice colour. Therefore I went out for my first few casts since lockdown now that the 'madding crowds' have gone.

It was, as suspected, rather quiet but did have some brief action with a seatrout. Classic grab then thrash about on the surface and let go.

Just need some more rain now to hopefully kick things going.