The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I was a Saturday girl in a pet shop when I was 14 and I’d bring home all the bent, one-eyed, fin-rot damaged fish that got delivered because otherwise my boss would kill them. We had a tank of mutants like your fish Rrrr, in the garage.

chrishconnolly

Reaction score
Tay Minnows keeps me ticking over all through the winter if it's not a floating Devon it's a Kype or could it be a lead lined plastic one or maybe a copper tubes wooden one.
The colours that people have as favourites I would never think of but I keep painting.
My stock boxes are coming along nicely as every order I do a few extra.
Although expecting a large delivery of wooden shells shortly so if anyone fancies doing their own ones let me know.

carma2

Reaction score
Decided on a days trout fishing today and managed to catch this mutant thats shaped like a coat hanger.
Not as good as a day on the river but better than a day in the house.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Had a seatrout the same but a bit more bent out of the Lune this year , put it back as I dont kill hunchbacks :ROFLMAO:

Rrrr

Reaction score
Had a seatrout the same but a bit more bent out of the Lune this year , put it back as I dont kill hunchbacks
Do you have stocked brownies on the lune that head to sea or would it have been wild ?

Rrrr

Reaction score
Was about 3lb definately a wild seatrout.
Wonder if its a genetic thing then rather than damage caused by an injury. I rekon you see more with stocked fish as they dont really have to compete for food etc

Rrrr

Reaction score
Took the youngest one for a walk in the woods for a few hours to tire him out.
The place is a tip allready with dog poo bags and litter all over and the shops have only been closed 2 weeks
Then home and a message from school to say the older one has to isolate for 2 weeks due to a teaching assistant having covid. He cant leave the house but they want his brother to attend school which is an impossible task as my wife cant take one without the other with her.

budge

Reaction score
Took the youngest one for a walk in the woods for a few hours to tire him out.
The place is a tip allready with dog poo bags and litter all over and the shops have only been closed 2 weeks
Then home and a message from school to say the older one has to isolate for 2 weeks due to a teaching assistant having covid. He cant leave the house but they want his brother to attend school which is an impossible task as my wife cant take one without the other with her.

Nightmare for folk with kids at school my son has had 2 false alarms since grandkids went back to school and my brother has had same with his 2 kids. Luckily all tested negative and back to normal within a few days, hopefully same for yours.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Lovely looking burn there Lamson or "nant" as i'd call em here in Wales.
Cheers
Aled

There's some cracking wee burns in the area aled ?? in the photo 6 down the wee pool is a around 8ft deep and some of the mini gorge pools are deeper

Arnold

Rrrr

Reaction score
Nightmare for folk with kids at school my son has had 2 false alarms since grandkids went back to school and my brother has had same with his 2 kids. Luckily all tested negative and back to normal within a few days, hopefully same for yours.

At first i thought it would be a case of get him tested and aend him back if all clear. Looking at the letter its a case of him being off for 2 weeks full stop even if he was to be tested.
Going to have to drop them an email to try and clear things up this morning.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Im amazed that youve managed to find empty hills. All of my regular deserted spots are packed with people doing daft things like climbing in trainers an leaving litter all over. Im waiting on bad weather to climb so itl be quiet

Rrrr

Reaction score
Well a nice little supprise this morning as i got in the car. Glove box emptied onto the seat and my old smashed fishing phone, my old tablet and an old vape missing.
Crazy thing is that they didnt take the 100s worth of jackets from the back seat, a salmon fly reel that was in the glove box or my painkillers for my back which are worth a fair bit to the wrong people

Must have forgot to lock it as i was trying to take shopping inside and keep a hold of my youngest for the road.

Anyway ive sent the local rouge youths on an investigation so hopefully ill have the stuff back later. Its worth nothing and just annoying more than anything else.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Well a nice little supprise this morning as i got in the car. Glove box emptied onto the seat and my old smashed fishing phone, my old tablet and an old vape missing.
Crazy thing is that they didnt take the 100s worth of jackets from the back seat, a salmon fly reel that was in the glove box or my painkillers for my back which are worth a fair bit to the wrong people

Must have forgot to lock it as i was trying to take shopping inside and keep a hold of my youngest for the road.

Anyway ive sent the local rouge youths on an investigation so hopefully ill have the stuff back later. Its worth nothing and just annoying more than anything else.

Had a similar experience in Newcastle many years ago. Came down in the morning to find the passenger windlow lying on the grass (they had cut the rubber), bag of not that much really missing. My fault for leaving it visible I suppose. Spent ages trying various places for a replacement rubber seal (pre-internet).

Rrrr

Reaction score
Had a similar experience in Newcastle many years ago. Came down in the morning to find the passenger windlow lying on the grass (they had cut the rubber), bag of not that much really missing. My fault for leaving it visible I suppose. Spent ages trying various places for a replacement rubber seal (pre-internet).
Ive had windows burst years ago when i used to have expensive stereos and speakers etc in my cars but not for years.

This ones just 2 young 19 yearold kids as theyve been on a bit of a spree taking things from cars and sheds around the area. Ive got them on camera and a few other people have too in gardens etc. Lets just say they arent criminal masterminds

Last edited:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Im amazed that youve managed to find empty hills. All of my regular deserted spots are packed with people doing daft things like climbing in trainers an leaving litter all over. Im waiting on bad weather to climb so itl be quiet

I'm quite lucky in that aspect Rrrr ?? there's plenty all around me to walk without being bothered

Chicharito

Reaction score
I'm quite lucky in that aspect Rrrr ?? there's plenty all around me to walk without being bothered
We have plenty of places to walk in the countryside around us. As soon as you head to the Peak District hotspots particularly with car parks and information boards and recommended walks etc.... Forget it! Every man, woman and sprogs and dogs will be there and mostly it will be their first visits to the strange new world called countryside!

Rrrr

Reaction score
that one was from a walk from Alnmouth to Warkworth
My dad used to do that all the time with his dogs depending on the tide for getting around the rocks. Great walk.

budge

Reaction score
Had a nice walk along the Lancaster canal near Garstang yesterday brought back some fond memories from my match fishing days. Only saw 2 anglers ! Sign of the times I suppose, everyone wants to park at their peg nowadays. Spent today at my lads new house, dropping a lath and plaster ceiling and ripping out a fireplace getting too old for filthy jobs like that now.

Chicharito

Reaction score
Quiet day! Dug out an ivy that was getting out of control. Thought it would be a simple job! Wrong! Nearly gave myself another hernia, the trunk was as thick as my arm. Managed to get most of the roots out. Had to spend the afternoon watching football on TV to recover!