The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

Rrrr

Reaction score
Currently wishing the three customer service live chat had a "throttle advisor" button.
2 chats of over an hour to try and change my mothers number fully into her name rather than tacked onto my account as i got her the phone through a family deal years ago.
They are asking for emails, postcodes and memorable info from 2007 when i first opend my account. Ive got no idea what i told them back then

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
The security associated with so many things these days is a real pain !

I try to write everything down in a "special book" when I first set things up, otherwise you have no chance of remembering it a few months later.

Usernames, special words, passwords, security numbers, telephone banking numbers, pin numbers, memorable information, pass codes, dates ........ AAAAArrrrrggggghhhhh !!!!

Rrrr

Reaction score
The security associated with so many things these days is a real pain !

I try to write everything down in a "special book" when I first set things up, otherwise you have no chance of remembering it a few months later.

Usernames, special words, passwords, security numbers, telephone banking numbers, pin numbers, memorable information, pass codes, dates ........ AAAAArrrrrggggghhhhh !!!!
Its a minefield this one as they ask for a postcode etc but wont say if they want one of mine or one of hers.
The tipping point was when they wanted a phone number that she had rang for over 1 min yesterday. How could i possibly know that

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
I feel your pain ! I have a couple of "spare" bank current accounts that I hardly use but keep live to pick up switching bonuses when they come up. Bit of hassle but not too bad as long as you make a note of all the information, numbers etc in a safe place. It will all be worth it when 15 bottles of wine arrive !

kimbo

Reaction score
Decided to go out in my boat there was a break in the weather. Fished an inshore wreck and was amply rewarded using slow jigs.
IMG_20201110_143308.jpg

Chicharito

Reaction score
Repairing a raised bed for veg. Got some new wood and dug out some of the soil ready for the new wooden frame. Weather doesn't look too promising for the weekend. Wood screws I ordered haven't arrived so it may have to wait until next week ☹️
My old battery operated screw driver is on a go slow but a neighbour has lent me a much more powerful one!

budge

Reaction score
Nice walk along the cumbrian coast today followed by fish and chips in the car for tea. Sat watching the rugby with a couple of beers now listening to my phone pinging away from the Brexit thread ! Looks like cabin fever has arrived early this year

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

westie4566

Reaction score
We saw 3 Tuna and a pod of dolphins, the Tuna were huge
The amount of Tuna now being seen in our waters is fantastic. It would be wonderful to think that the once famed Whitby fishery might become a thing again.

Mind you, the Tuna are only here because they're finding food...and the herring seem to be on the increase. That's a good thing as the herring sile are a great food source for young fish leaving the river and our coastal seatrout.

kimbo

Reaction score
I watched a program recently where they had found a huge herring spawning area it was not known to exist and the area is being kept quiet, it is somewhere off the Scottish coast

westie4566

Reaction score
I watched a program recently where they had found a huge herring spawning area it was not known to exist and the area is being kept quiet, it is somewhere off the Scottish coast
Hardly quiet - the repport pretty much pinpoints the area :mad:

Walleye

Reaction score
Well first day with no fishing and was planning on taking it easy at the caravan.... nope.
Was all sorted to call in next sat and winterise the caravan when i could go up by myself and get cracked on.
Borris' new lockdown meant it needed done today. I had no tools or gear to do it so had to head out shopping for things ive got loads of at work.
5 diffrent shops in alnwick before i managed to find enough antifreeze for the drains and toilets as all the usual places were closed on a sunday.
So spent 6 hours non stop rushing to get it all sorted but at least now ive got next weekend free with nothing to do

My dad used to winterise our caravan up the Dale by propping up the ceiling with 4x4 and planks etc. Every year a few caravans on the site would collapse under the weight of snow. Not many do it now, just take the valuables and do the antifreeze thing. Sign of the times I guess.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Decided on a days trout fishing today and managed to catch this mutant thats shaped like a coat hanger.
Not as good as a day on the river but better than a day in the house.

budge

Reaction score
Spent the day removing a fireplace and chimney breast from a near 100 year old house with my son.My god they didn't intend them coming down in them days ! House must have originally had a range which had been swapped to a coal fire with back boiler. Half a skip of brickwork and rubble shifted. Another one to get rid of in the other room next

salarchaser

Reaction score
Decided on a days trout fishing today and managed to catch this mutant thats shaped like a coat hanger.
Not as good as a day on the river but better than a day in the house.

A back injury as a parr?
I've had a few odd shaped fish down the years.
Great tail on it.

Rrrr

Reaction score
A back injury as a parr?
I've had a few odd shaped fish down the years.
Great tail on it.
More than likely. Ive seen a few like that on trout fishing pages.
It put up a better fight than the regular shaped trout aswel, felt like a foul hooke fish.

budge

Reaction score
More than likely. Ive seen a few like that on trout fishing pages.
It put up a better fight than the regular shaped trout aswel, felt like a foul hooke fish.

The local carp puddle I fish stocks a few rainbows every winter to provide a few more bites for the matches. He buys the runts cheap from the farm so there's some real wonky looking ones