The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

Rrrr

Reaction score
Friday night, seatrout fishing and catching nowt.
Sat day time, fishing and catching nowt.
This morning, wandering along the river with the youngest and wishing id gone fishing as there were brownies rising all over the place.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tyke777

Reaction score
Just taken delivery today of this grand wee vessel, its for chasing Cod, Ling, etc from the North Sea, berthed in Hartlepool looking forwards to a nice spell of weather now to get out and enjoy - nothing finer that a pan fried fresh fillet 👌 on the boat :cool: ;) 🎣.
Should have had it months ago but this damn Covid hampered things slightly, but looking on the bright side we are now ready for a session or two, then there is always
Rosie2.jpg
next year...........😁

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Fa
Just taken delivery today of this grand wee vessel, its for chasing Cod, Ling, etc from the North Sea, berthed in Hartlepool looking forwards to a nice spell of weather now to get out and enjoy - nothing finer that a pan fried fresh fillet 👌 on the boat :cool: ;) 🎣.
Should have had it months ago but this damn Covid hampered things slightly, but looking on the bright side we are now ready for a session or two, then there is always View attachment 50359next year...........😁
Fantastic Tyke,
She looks a strong and sturdy girl, wish you every success on her and hope to see some pics of your angling efforts.👍

Tyke777

Reaction score
Fa
Fantastic Tyke,
She looks a strong and sturdy girl, wish you every success on her and hope to see some pics of your angling efforts.👍
Certainly a robust boat, just 21ft but all good and strong and well kitted out.
I'm looking forwards to getting to know her traits - 3 or 4 lobster pots thrown into the picture if I can get my hands on some, applied for the pot tags so all legal and above board.
I will let you know what becomes of our efforts, hopefully better than the salmon season I had this year - only ticked 8 boxes to date....

paddymc

Reaction score
Should have had it months ago but this damn Covid hampered things slightly, but looking on the bright side we are now ready for a session or two, then there is always View attachment 50359next year...........😁
Good for you. Looks brilliant, and I hope you have great times aboard it... (y)

Please remember to post pics of your days out and catches :)

westie4566

Reaction score
Certainly a robust boat, just 21ft but all good and strong and well kitted out.
I'm looking forwards to getting to know her traits - 3 or 4 lobster pots thrown into the picture if I can get my hands on some, applied for the pot tags so all legal and above board.
I will let you know what becomes of our efforts, hopefully better than the salmon season I had this year - only ticked 8 boxes to date....
That looks like a good seaworthy boat Tyke. I look forward to hearing of your adventures in her.

I'm still gutted that I had to pass on an offer earlier this year for a similar vessel - it was really cheap but I was guarding cash at the start of the pandemic.. It was a sturdy old boat that I knew well having piloted it many , many times whilst I was Bosun of the local yacht club. A sturdy old beast that could take any weather (converted offshore lifeboat).

She wasn't quick, but had huge amounts of torque. I well remember towing a string of 12 racing dinghies home through horrific weather, the old girl didn't miss a beat!

ibm59

Reaction score
Seapool and estuary of what was once a quite prolific NW highland river.
Where was I ?
29948355-02AE-4E6D-9015-9BEE5ADD1C42.jpeg

FA9F5448-7A02-4672-8465-059FBA24DE9B.jpeg
29948355-02AE-4E6D-9015-9BEE5ADD1C42.jpeg

Last edited: