The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

westie4566

Reaction score
Mee too, the big kid that I am!
Me three...

Full of cold. Raked the lawn. Watched more leaves fall on it. Went back to bed.[/QUOTE]

Hope your cold get's better soon Dee! Well that was worth the watching after all, bloody brilliant.

That said, we're nearing the end of 'World on Fire' which has been equally enthralling over the past few weeks. (However, the cynical side of me might suggest that the Beeb put it on just in time for our current political crisis?) Thank the Lord that I don't, and have never, bought in to the 'Johnny Foreigner' tripe. I have many close German friends who I love and value immensely.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Me three...

Full of cold. Raked the lawn. Watched more leaves fall on it. Went back to bed.
Hope your cold get's better soon Dee! Well that was worth the watching after all, bloody brilliant.

That said, we're nearing the end of 'World on Fire' which has been equally enthralling over the past few weeks. (However, the cynical side of me might suggest that the Beeb put it on just in time for our current political crisis?) Thank the Lord that I don't, and have never, bought in to the 'Johnny Foreigner' tripe. I have many close German friends who I love and value immensely.[/QUOTE]

I really have to get caught up on 'World on Fire'. Only seen the first one and really enjoyed it.

westie4566

Reaction score

That said, we're nearing the end of 'World on Fire' which has been equally enthralling over the past few weeks. (However, the cynical side of me might suggest that the Beeb put it on just in time for our current political crisis?) Thank the Lord that I don't, and have never, bought in to the 'Johnny Foreigner' tripe. I have many close German friends who I love and value immensely.
I really have to get caught up on 'World on Fire'. Only seen the first one and really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

JS, yes you should, I've thoroughly enjoyed it...but I'm nae the brightest so caveat emptor! I've enjoyed the many interconnecting layers which has been enough to keep me watching anyway.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I’ve diagnosed myself with legionnaires disease from the hotel air conditioning/pool. It’s touch and go in all honesty... ;-)

LOVED His Dark Materials. Much more faithful to the book than the Nicole Kidman film, and proper run up to Christmas, Sunday night TV. Will check out World On Fire.

John Keane

Reaction score
His Dark Materials for me too (well half, before I nodded off) also Giri/Haji on the Beeb has kept me interested.

Off to Grantown a-twitching tomorrow. Bloody hate the drive though, 370 miles and no retail therapy in John Norris either!

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
A day off today, so I’m shaping a load of rough stone into slightly less rough stone; in order to skin some block work on my new storage shed.

0DCE1627-4234-406F-BD24-0045404A4786.jpeg

It’s nice to be using my Grandad’s tools he had made as an apprentice and used for over 60 years. I’m not quite at the same level he was mind .....

Some I win:

Clean as a whistle.

13303259-7428-44AA-AE0A-4598A41BFF56.jpeg

Some I lose:

58A0C9A9-3EDB-4BBC-BB68-727DEEA2D91C.jpeg

Perrypokemon

Reaction score
Reaction score
Got an Aberdeen Angus roasting joint with a bottle of red in the slow cooker early on. Kids to school, IKEA shop complete. Supposed to be building that nonsense but too nice a day for that. So decided on a 10 mile run from the house to clear the lungs. Wife will be delighted when in from work:D Starting marathon training soon :redface:. Lovely day to be out and about.

IMG_20191105_124457541_HDR.jpg

Heero

Reaction score
Been out chasing elk. That time of year.

Couple mountain ranges yesterday morning:

2BC3A322-725C-48BD-8347-44B48D44893A.jpeg

7F1755B3-183A-493A-8057-3EADFE428620.jpeg

salarchaser

Reaction score
Just about to pressure wash the patio and path.
Did the path around the house the other day. Mrs was complaining it was a bit slippy. In the shade all day so gets a bit of slime on it.
Problem is, when you get one bit clean it shows the rest up.

Once that is done, off to sort some brackets for the loader on the new (well, new to us) tractor.

Like hero, must then start looking for a proper job.
Cant decide if I'm between contracts (and have been since march :) ), semi-retired or easing into full retirement. My mrs seems to have a different perspective from me. :lol:
My daughter just seems to think my time off is more free labour for her.:eek:hwell:

Last edited:

Rrrr

Reaction score
Just about to pressure wash the patio and path.
Did the path around the house the other day. Mrs was complaining it was a bit slippy. In the shade all day so gets a bit of slime on it.
Problem is, when you get one bit clean it shows the rest up.

Once that is done, off to sort some brackets for the loader on the new (well, new to us) tractor.

Like hero, must then start looking for a proper job.
Cant decide if I'm between contracts (and have been since march :) ), semi-retired or easing into full retirement. My mrs seems to have a different perspective from me.
My daughter just seems to think my time off is more free labour for her.:eek:hwell:
I dont envy you doing that job. Jet washing all day destroys the muscles in my neck for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

salarchaser

Reaction score
I dont envy you doing that job. Jet washing all day destroys the muscles in my neck for some reason.

Finished that first task.
I seem to have got tennis elbow (I think it is anyway) over the last couple years. Get a pain on the elbow end of my one of the bones in my forearm. Anything that requires a right hand grip causes pain.
Casting a single hander, double right hand up, using a hammer or saw, and today, gripping the pressure washer.
Been giving it a work out doing yorkshire boarding the last couple weeks. 4 nails in around 200 six by one inch boards over a few days and it was a bit tender.
At least it takes my mind off the pain in my back. :nod: Thats a whole different story.

Aled

Reaction score
salarchaser, have you tried glucosamine cream? It works for me, as well as when I get inflamed tendons on my knee.
Cheers
Aled

Rrrr

Reaction score
Im also falling to bits, managed to re injure my shoulder again (its been on and off for years) a couple of months back when showing my son how to skim stones at the beach and it seems to get better then ill feel it pop again when moving it in an odd way at work.

salarchaser

Reaction score
salarchaser, have you tried glucosamine cream? It works for me, as well as when I get inflamed tendons on my knee.
Cheers
Aled
Thanks for the info aled.
Will give it a try.

On the back situation, an MRI scan shows 4 bulging disks, one if which has ruptured. The pain went months ago, but have had pins and needles in my big toe ever since. Rugby tge likely cause aparently.
Dont tell my Mam, with every injury she said 'you'll pay for that in later life'. Pay back is well under way.

offshore

Reaction score
Finished that first task.
I seem to have got tennis elbow (I think it is anyway) over the last couple years. Get a pain on the elbow end of my one of the bones in my forearm. Anything that requires a right hand grip causes pain.
Casting a single hander, double right hand up, using a hammer or saw, and today, gripping the pressure washer.
Been giving it a work out doing yorkshire boarding the last couple weeks. 4 nails in around 200 six by one inch boards over a few days and it was a bit tender.
At least it takes my mind off the pain in my back. :nod: Thats a whole different story.
Tennis Elbow? Absolute Best Self-Treatment, Exercises, & Stretches. - YouTube

Rrrr

Reaction score
Admitted defeat this morning and got big red out of hibernation in my workshop, now i can be warm all day while watching the leccy meter whizz round like a spinning top.

G

guest2938

Admitted defeat this morning and got big red out of hibernation in my workshop, now i can be warm all day while watching the leccy meter whizz round like a spinning top.

Spot The Hazards

DCH

G

guest2938

First chance to log on and post in anger this week. IR / HR issues taking over, up for some air today though. Missus made me some lovely sandwiches today, shes good that way bless her, Morrisons chinese piri piri chicken mixed together with some yoghurt i believe, amazing. Football on the astroturf at 9pm again, its a challenge getting motivated playing in the cold and dark and at that hour, but its the highlight of my week and only real exercise so needs must.

Astroturf....FAF...just reminded me of Rodney from a great sketch

DCH