The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

Walleye

Reaction score
What about a monthly perfume subscription - she’ll receive a selection of large sample sized new scents to try every month. They bill themselves as a 30-day supply. That’s how much she will get. You listen out and that’s valentine’s day and birthday (or just because) gifts. My best friend bought one for herself as she’s very into new perfumes. Her husband picks them off as she arrives on a fragrance she loves.

Check out: Welcome - The Perfume Society

If she wears make-up and likes her skincare, you can get monthly beauty boxes too. Kind of thing you always think you’d like to have but never get round to. Birchbox is a good one. Glossybox is newer and meant to be good. They send you surprises. Latest In Beauty lets you choose your own things every month. Cohorted is expensive - £35 a month - but v high end products and therefore a HUGE saving.

As an extra - check out the l’occitane advent calendar. Start the love early. £50... jo Malone do one too but that’s £115. She’d love you for it though...
Great ideas. Stresses me out no end buying presents for swmbo.
Not convinced about the advent calendar idea. I think it's days are numbered.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
She* has learnt that elk have ivories (one of two animals in North America) and has been ‘suggesting’ that she would like some elk ivory jewelry made from the ivories of the beast I shot (and posted pitchers of a couple pages back). I don’t mean subtle suggestions either — rather, ‘Can we drive [3 hours each way] to Missoula this weekend so I can pick out jewelry to be made?’.

*She as in the imaginary female companion whom I still have yet to trick into coitus despite living entirely in my head.

Le sigh. Maybe jewelry will help.
Best way to get what you want. Subtlety is wasted on my other half - seems like your imaginary girl feels the same about you, and verrrry romantic that she wants to wear your trophies. I have sent him a link to the exact rucksack I would like for Christmas, along with various pairs of earrings that would work - including, actually, a few pairs from Oxfam made from bone. Maybe I should send him to shoot the animal himself, instead.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Great ideas. Stresses me out no end buying presents for swmbo.
Not convinced about the advent calendar idea. I think it's days are numbered.
Groan... :lol:

Honestly though - anyone looking for an early 'good books' gift - posh advent calendars are AWESOME. Pretty much all the high street shops do one now. Even Aldi - theirs is WAY overpriced though, do not go there.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
What about a monthly perfume subscription - she’ll receive a selection of large sample sized new scents to try every month. They bill themselves as a 30-day supply. That’s how much she will get. You listen out and that’s valentine’s day and birthday (or just because) gifts. My best friend bought one for herself as she’s very into new perfumes. Her husband picks them off as she arrives on a fragrance she loves.

Check out: Welcome - The Perfume Society

If she wears make-up and likes her skincare, you can get monthly beauty boxes too. Kind of thing you always think you’d like to have but never get round to. Birchbox is a good one. Glossybox is newer and meant to be good. They send you surprises. Latest In Beauty lets you choose your own things every month. Cohorted is expensive - £35 a month - but v high end products and therefore a HUGE saving.

As an extra - check out the l’occitane advent calendar. Start the love early. £50... jo Malone do one too but that’s £115. She’d love you for it though...
It's Me.. what's not to love already :thumb: I've just spent a small fortune on diamond earrings so if she don't love me after that she knows where the door is :lol: she liked that last bottle you advised me on but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it, so I'm just looking for a bottle of something nice to fill the stocking, I've also got her birthday at the start of January.. She'll skint me this woman :doh:

Safranfoer

Reaction score
It's Me.. what's not to love already :thumb: I've just spent a small fortune on diamond earrings so if she don't love me after that she knows where the door is :lol: she liked that last bottle you advised me on but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it, so I'm just looking for a bottle of something nice to fill the stocking, I've also got her birthday at the start of January.. She'll skint me this woman :doh:
Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Weekends with no fishing suck. Took the dog out on the fells early and got soaked. Then i had the task of taking my boys for haircuts which seems straight forward but my 4 year old has autism so freaks out at the noise of the clippers etc, so that was an event but went alot smoother than usual as i managed to bribe him with a trip to thebsweet shop after (also my wife payed including the huge tip we have to leave which is a bonus).
Then on to the bloody shops where i was forced to choose loads of new socks as ive been informed by her who shall be obeyed that my use of odd socks is beyond a joke (kids scammed me for toys yet again too).
Next stop was tesco where i was given a list and sent off alone to face this place of utter misery while they sat in the car, couldnt find most things on the list so improvised and just bought loads of things that i like and made a quick get away.

Next stop home to be asked 10 million questions from the oldest boy about which shirt to wear and which colour shoes etc for a charity boxing thing hes away to. now ive got the joys of him coming home later bladderd and slurring at me really loudly as being 18, hes old enough to drink but insists on doing so on an empty head .

Roll on feb so i can return to being ferral and sit on a river bank winging

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hemmy

Reaction score
My house has the appearance of not having seen a lick of paint since God was a lad.
This morning I resolved to spend the weekend decorating so at early doors I went off to B&Q and got emulsion,rollers,brushes and masking tape.
I then went off to the local supermarket to get a couple of bottles of gin,a selection of fevertree tonics and a bag of lemons to help pass the time whilst watching the paint dry between coats.
I returned home full of enthusiasm and was persuaded by Sika to take her for a wee walk before I started on the labour of hate.
14 hours later......most of the gin has gone......I am pished......the full tin of emulsion is still in the back of the truck .......happy days :lol::lol::lol:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
My house has the appearance of not having seen a lick of paint since God was a lad.
This morning I resolved to spend the weekend decorating so at early doors I went off to B&Q and got emulsion,rollers,brushes and masking tape.
I then went off to the local supermarket to get a couple of bottles of gin,a selection of fevertree tonics and a bag of lemons to help pass the time whilst watching the paint dry between coats.
I returned home full of enthusiasm and was persuaded by Sika to take her for a wee walk before I started on the labour of hate.
14 hours later......most of the gin has gone......I am pished......the full tin of emulsion is still in the back of the truck .......happy days :lol::lol::lol:

Quality ernie :pound::pound: sore head this morning then?

I was doing a little painting myself last week in a garage, new brake tester installation then floor painted and new safety chevrons then a new ramp added, hate the painting part

View attachment DSC_0436.JPG

_20181202_084721.JPG

Rrrr

Reaction score
Quality ernie :pound::pound: sore head this morning then?

I was doing a little painting myself last week in a garage, new brake tester installation then floor painted and new safety chevrons then a new ramp added, hate the painting part

View attachment 33780

View attachment 33781
My workshop has needed painting for the last 3 years but the thought of doing it is soul destroying as it takes forever to dry and it dosent last 5 mins before moving cars in and out wears it away. A mate who owns another local garage whos pretty new to the game decided to buy some cheap 2 part paint from a traveling man in a transit van, the paint never went off yet and he ended up having to put old carpet around his mot ramp .

Hemmy

Reaction score
I think there’s something wrong with my paint as well Rrr.......I keep calling it but it doesn’t want to get out of the truck 😂😂😂😂😂

Rrrr

Reaction score
I think there’s something wrong with my paint as well Rrr.......I keep calling it but it doesn’t want to get out of the truck
I would leave it there aswel, the only thing worse than painting is painting after a night on the pish

Lamson v10

Reaction score
My workshop has needed painting for the last 3 years but the thought of doing it is soul destroying as it takes forever to dry and it dosent last 5 mins before moving cars in and out wears it away. A mate who owns another local garage whos pretty new to the game decided to buy some cheap 2 part paint from a traveling man in a transit van, the paint never went off yet and he ended up having to put old carpet around his mot ramp .

Proper preparation of the surface is key, de-greeseing of the floor, shot blast or grinding of the floor and of course the proper product for the floor, we use a two part chemical resistant resin paint for floors which is dry in around 12hrs depending on the heat, one thing I do hate painting is garage pits.. Don't mind so much when it's a new installation

Arnold

Last edited:

Rrrr

Reaction score
Proper preparation of the surface is key, de-greeseing of the floor, shot blast or grinding of the floor and of course the proper product for the floor, we use a two part chemical resistant resin paint for floors which is dry in around 12hrs depending on the heat, one thing I do hate painting is garage pits.. Don't mind so much when it's a new installation

Arnold
Aye weve got 35 years worth of oil and brake fluid etc soaked into the concrete slab so without grinding the paint just dosent stay on long at all.

Chicharito

Reaction score
Had a lovely weekend in Cheshire. Saturday stayed in a nice hotel at Carden Park and today had 3 hrs driving a Land Rover Discovery Sport round the excellent off-road course at Peckforton Castle.

AlanT

Reaction score
Just returned from a lovely weekend in Kirkby Lonsdale. It was Christmar fair weekend so lots of Christmassy things going on. The town was alive. Had plenty quality food and drink. Had a walk down the river Lune, that is one powerful looking river

Last edited:

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Work Christmas party, in London last night. Night at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, which I can heartily recommend. Truly stunning.

Feeling fragile.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Today i will be staying as close to the space heater as possible without setting myself on fire as my workshop is freezing and ive only got 2 cars booked in all day

Wee-Eck

Reaction score
Yesterday I spent about 2 hours fitting a new Z-Edge T4 Front and Rear Dual Dashcam to the car. It was a bit of a faff concealing all the wiring behind various bits of weather strip and roof lining considering that the rear-view camera came with enough wiring to fit it to a bus. In the course of cleaning the windscreen I noticed a small stone chip just in front of the rear-view mirror, so today's job is off to Halfords for a windscreen repair kit to fill the chip before it gets any bigger. Fortunately it is not on a part of the windscreen covered by the wipers. I would still rather be out fishing but this is the time to catch up on all the jobs you put off during the season.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Well worth doing it before the ice gets into the chip as it tends to crack the screen.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
My car was encased in ice this morning - doors frozen shut, scraper bouncing off the windscreen - the pond frozen over and the birds very forceful in their call for breakfast. Definitely the time to be mending chipped windscreens, and thinking about winter tyres.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Yea, i had -6 showing on the car temp gauge early this morning and hands were freezing clearing the ice, i live in a valley and it always seems to be a few degrees colder than the surounding areas. It also seems to channel the snow down from the high ground above for some reason.