The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

dave_n

Reaction score
Hoping the current westerlies bring some codling in on the Fylde coast.
The change from a 7/8 switch to a century carbon metal takes some getting used to though!

carma2

Reaction score
just had my first appointment with the physio , private clinic ,1 and half hour , hot wrap , massage and some electro thingy , elbow feels
a bit more free now and a lot of juice came out.
golf tomorrow , hope I am not just making another donation to the society.
treatment was £20 , going again on Saturday💪

westie4566

Reaction score
just had my first appointment with the physio , private clinic ,1 and half hour , hot wrap , massage and some electro thingy , elbow feels
a bit more free now and a lot of juice came out.
golf tomorrow , hope I am not just making another donation to the society.
treatment was £20 , going again on Saturday💪
What's wrong with your elbow? Mine's been giving me real gyp for months now. Both tennis and golfers elbow. I'd happily cough up £20 to get it eased a bit!

carma2

Reaction score
What's wrong with your elbow? Mine's been giving me real gyp for months now. Both tennis and golfers elbow. I'd happily cough up £20 to get it eased a bit!
had a fall on the river in September , cracked my elbow on the rock ledge , been suffering from bursitis for about 5 weeks now
had to carry on working , so just went to A+E , got it x ray nothing broken , anti biotics for infection .
now am back in my winter home in Thailand so getting it sorted by a physiotherapist.

westie4566

Reaction score
had a fall on the river in September , cracked my elbow on the rock ledge , been suffering from bursitis for about 5 weeks now
had to carry on working , so just went to A+E , got it x ray nothing broken , anti biotics for infection .
now am back in my winter home in Thailand so getting it sorted by a physiotherapist.
That'll explain the very reasonable physio costs! Hope you're on the mend soon and enjoy your winter.

Lamson v10

Reaction score

How much does she charge 😉

Rrrr

Reaction score
Local small college zoo today with the wife and kids. Only takes an hour to see it all but the kids really enjoyed it and the place is well run.
Then onto the parents house as my mothers not been well with hip pain so bought and took her some cbd oil. Maybe over did it on the strength as she felt sick and went to bed not long after having it

Might head out fishing for a few hours tomorrow but my favoured trout water has a comp on and competings not my thing when it comes to fishing. May try elsewhere or head to the beach if i can scrape some bait together from the freezer and morrisons.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

westie4566

Reaction score
Hadn't intended going for a mushroom forage today but a mate was keen to give it a go so I arranged to meet him and off into the forest we went with the dogs.

Not a bad result again. Found him about 2kg of hedgehog mushrooms, happened upon two good patches of chanterelles most of which were just perfect specimens (madness for 2/3rds the way through November). The place was littered with Winter Chanterelles so we bagged several kilos of those each. Needless to say my mate is now totally hooked on the whole thing!

Away to get the dehydrator fired up and get the first batch of winter chanterelles drying. Some along with the golden ones will be going in tomorrow mornings omelette!!
Perf.jpg

WC's.jpg

Rrrr

Reaction score
Hadn't intended going for a mushroom forage today but a mate was keen to give it a go so I arranged to meet him and off into the forest we went with the dogs.

Not a bad result again. Found him about 2kg of hedgehog mushrooms, happened upon two good patches of chanterelles most of which were just perfect specimens (madness for 2/3rds the way through November). The place was littered with Winter Chanterelles so we bagged several kilos of those each. Needless to say my mate is now totally hooked on the whole thing!

Away to get the dehydrator fired up and get the first batch of winter chanterelles drying. Some along with the golden ones will be going in tomorrow mornings omelette!!
View attachment 68773
View attachment 68774
Ever id them incorrectly and spend the day seeing lovely shapes and colours ?

Rrrr

Reaction score
I’ve id‘d them correctly , and spent the day seeing all sorts
But that was a long long time ago.
Me too, great fun on an autumnal evening with nothing better to do. Dont think im brave enough these days though

westie4566

Reaction score
Ever id them incorrectly and spend the day seeing lovely shapes and colours ?

Nope, once in my teens was more than enough for me!! :ROFLMAO:

These days it's all about food, glorious food(y)

budge

Reaction score
Me too, great fun on an autumnal evening with nothing better to do. Dont think im brave enough these days though

Mushroom season was always September and early October, how times have changed I used to have a spot that had salmon in the pools and shrooms in the field, happy days

Sent from my CPH2127 using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
Mushroom season was always September and early October, how times have changed I used to have a spot that had salmon in the pools and shrooms in the field, happy days

I couldnt think of anything worse for seatrout fishing in the dark

Rrrr

Reaction score
Oh no ! I never mixed the two. Them weird noises and creatures rustling around would freak you out

They do allready. Its amazing how the mind can play tricks on you in the pitch black by the river when fishing alone.

budge

Reaction score
They do allready. Its amazing how the mind can play tricks on you in the pitch black by the river when fishing alone.

I don't go there now, fish till dusk and I'm away.

Rrrr

Reaction score
I dont tend to head out in the dark much but quite often fish the first few hours if im on the river anyway.
I do enjoy fishing on the beach in the dark i find it really relaxing.