The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

Chicharito

Reaction score
Spent all week moving our gear from our old static caravan to a new one on a much better site. It's taken a lot longer than I expected. No fishing but hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Cracking sunsets all week though!

Attachments

• 20210416_200040.jpg
    20210416_200040.jpg
    996.3 KB · Views: 32

Rrrr

Reaction score
Spent all week moving our gear from our old static caravan to a new one on a much better site. It's taken a lot longer than I expected. No fishing but hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Cracking sunsets all week though!
Wishing id bought one with central heating after how cold it was last night in here. Had a couple of little heaters on but the living room was freezing this morning when i got up.
Was meant to get a few hours trout fishing in but ive been too busy sorting the place and cutting grass etc.
Hopefully a few hours on the river in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rennie

Reaction score
Currently stood out in the sunshine with the Kray twins in attendance re-working a couple of backing splices on some new Maxcatch backing.
T shirt, nice n warm and might even treat myself to an ice cream out of the freezer if I behave. Popping a few likely tubes in a box ready for a Mid Ribble thrash on Friday- all being.
Now, where's that ice cream?.
Pedro.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Yea, at rothbury. I was just trout fishing as its desperate for rain.

Stayed at Tosson Towers on hols a few years back and fished their water for trout.
Caught a few too.
Nice bit of water.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Stayed at Tosson Towers on hols a few years back and fished their water for trout.
Caught a few too.
Nice bit of water.
Nice place, we used to rent one of the cottages out of season for fishing as it was cheap due to no heating.
Its just around the corner from my caravan.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Currently stood out in the sunshine with the Kray twins in attendance re-working a couple of backing splices on some new Maxcatch backing.
T shirt, nice n warm and might even treat myself to an ice cream out of the freezer if I behave. Popping a few likely tubes in a box ready for a Mid Ribble thrash on Friday- all being.
Now, where's that ice cream?.
Pedro.
Was using my maxcatch gold line on the river yesterday and it was really impressive. Lands without a splash and lies arrow straight.
Ive used it on stillwaters where its ok but not heavy enough for my liking. On the river its been really impressive and will overhead or spey cast no bother.

paddymc

Reaction score
Becoming a very proud Grandad again, meet Tilly a wonderful wee person that entered the world today, it makes all the struggles and strives worthwhile - its what its all about - I raise my glass proudly :D🥃 a future lady fisher 🤞
Well said (y)

Chicharito

Reaction score
Well had my day all planned out ! ........until I checked out the new fence that our neighbours had installed yesterday at the
expense of my 38yr old hedge of honeysuckle, clematis and cotoneaster that had been happily scrambling over the old fence . Today it was difficult to see what was still alive and what was dead. I spent most of the morning cutting it right back to nearly ground level and then a trip to the tip.
I then set about putting up some wires to train some new climbers on.
Then my other half who had been talking to some neighbours was concerned that a starlings nest had been blocked in by the builders and the adults were extremely agitated.
The owner was notified and he said that it was too late to do anything about it !!
I grabbed the ladders from the building site that is next door and ripped the offending cladding off the gable end.
Printed off the Wildlife act 1981 for my neighbours perusal. And filed a report to the RSPB !
Cracking day NOT !!

Aled

Reaction score
Planted French Beans and little Gem lettuces in the veg patch today, hope to get Potatoes, Beetroot, Carrots, shallots, radishes and spring onions in over the weekend.
Cheers
Aled

salarchaser

Reaction score
We haven't ventured out to our local pubs yet. They all seem to be doing a roaring trade thanks to the great weather!
We left it a few weeks for the novelty to wear off and for schools to go back.
Wasn't desperate to go to a pub, just returning to a degree of normality.
Stopping off in a pub we pass on the way from the small holding to home for one drink was a regular occurance.
Nice in the beer garden.

Pub was built in the early 1700s. Caters for the farming community as well as those wanting a nice meal.
Through the door and turn right if smartly dressed.
Turn left into the snug with its flagged floor if covered in $h!t. ☺️

Not unusual to find tractors in the car park.

Rrrr

Reaction score
We are back up to Northumberland next week and hope to visit the pubs close to our caravan site. We have a cracking pub in our village here in West Yorkshire and will visit when we feel comfortable about it.
Every pub ive passed in northumberland is packed tonight so may be worth booking ahead.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Rivers about empty so decided to do some climbing. Up to spylaw beacon then across the ridge to dove crag then onto the top of simonside. Then the long way back around to lordenshaws.
Knees are going to be crunching in the morning but enjoyed it.

Chicharito

Reaction score
Rivers about empty so decided to do some climbing. Up to spylaw beacon then across the ridge to dove crag then onto the top of simonside. Then the long way back around to lordenshaws.
Knees are going to be crunching in the morning but enjoyed it.

My knees would be totally knackered. I am struggling to walk round the block at the moment!

westie4566

Reaction score
Probably the most productive day I've had in a while.

Got another coat of epoxy on the whippings of the new rod (caveat...it may come off again! Stuff I've not used before and it seems to level fine then sag at the very last moment on the turner....will assess in the morning and may halt the build until I can find some Flexcoat Lite).

Had an hour long yak and catch up over the blower with my good pals in Ayr. Hit the garden for an hour and pricked out seedlings into pots that went back in the coldframe.

After that fancied a cast so grabbed the rod and fished 3 pools on the lower Don. It's on it's bones but was a lovely day to be out and hey you never know.

Intended taking the car to the jet wash on the way back (not so much crapped on by gulls as a flock of them had exploded over it). Queue was immense so home and a quick 'two bucket wrong 'un'.

Straight out after that and a meet up and long walk up the river with my mate and our dogs.

Came home to find my roast chicken wasn't roasting...merely warming gently. Oven fecked.

New one arriving next week. Old one is 11 years old and a bit like Trigger's broom, most stuff replaced at least twice. Thank God I've a combi micro so the chicken was saved quick time. 😅

Feet up now and a bottle of red open!

budge

Reaction score
We left it a few weeks for the novelty to wear off and for schools to go back.
Wasn't desperate to go to a pub, just returning to a degree of normality.
Stopping off in a pub we pass on the way from the small holding to home for one drink was a regular occurance.
Nice in the beer garden.

Pub was built in the early 1700s. Caters for the farming community as well as those wanting a nice meal.
Through the door and turn right if smartly dressed.
Turn left into the snug with its flagged floor if covered in $h!t.

Not unusual to find tractors in the car park.
That snug sounds perfect I love a good pub but haven't ventured out yet as it seems everyone who never went out has suddenly decided they can't live without a beer garden Same as all the folk who spent all their free time sat in front of a telly suddenly needing to visit the countryside and leave their sh1te.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk