The Blank is OFF!

westie4566

Reaction score
Alan (Mows) pm'd me on Wednesday evening asking if I wanted to join him on his stretch of the Southie for a few casts after work today. We met the back of 4 and he even offered me the use of the famous DrP flee in an attempt to stave off my thus far blank season

Saw one fish in the first pool and quite a few in the second. Up towards the top of the beat he put me into a lovely streamy run with a deep channel off the far bank. Just as my fly was coming round towards the second of the hotspots something took a liking to my red and pink conehead potbellied pig.

It certainly wasn't big......

It certainly wasn't fresh........

BUT it's the most welcome wee coloured grilse ever ?

Thanks again for the invite Alan and the excellent ghillieing skills!(y)

Justinhaugh grilse.jpg

Rennie

Reaction score
Well done geezer!, him upstairs always smiles on the righteous!.
Everything comes to they who wait!.
My season is looking better than it did at the start of this thread!, and at this moment as I'm sat at the PC scoffing cheese on toast and swilling Stella, its suddenly turned PDG after today!.
Pedro.

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Good man! As others have said - a fish is a fish! Glad mows helped put the mojo back in the Fishing go-go tank. Still time to finish with more. Top stuff.

mows

Reaction score
Well pleased for you Andy.
I was reasonably confident you would get an offer.
But I don't think I've ever been so nervous about a wee grilse staying on.
I quite like this ghillieing lark.
Hopefully I can do the same tomorrow morning.

Enjoyed Niahms company as well.
She is a lovely dog.

westie4566

Reaction score
Well pleased for you Andy.
I was reasonably confident you would get an offer.
But I don't think I've ever been so nervous about a wee grilse staying on.
I quite like this ghillieing lark.
Hopefully I can do the same tomorrow morning.

Enjoyed Niahms company as well.
She is a lovely dog.
Thanks again Alan and tight lines for tomorrow - hopefully you can do a repeat performance!!

It was also great to see Lucy again. I like it when I see two dogs together that just get on with doing their own thing and don't even think about getting in each other's faces.

My mojo is back now and as you know I'm off to do battle with the Don again tomorrow - that's the next nut to crack!!!

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Absolutely chuffed to bit's for you andy ?. See what happens when you get yer wellies on sir ?? and well done mows for being the ghillie ??

Funny that ... I just stuck together a wee red and pink conehead that might get a swim ( after a Willie gunn ?) on the tweed tomorrow ?

_20201016_223030.JPG

Last edited:

McPisces

Reaction score
Thanks again Alan and tight lines for tomorrow - hopefully you can do a repeat performance!!

It was also great to see Lucy again. I like it when I see two dogs together that just get on with doing their own thing and don't even think about getting in each other's faces.

My mojo is back now and as you know I'm off to do battle with the Don again tomorrow - that's the next nut to crack!!!
Nice looking fish off Fintray this morning, just seen the video on Somers Facebook page.
Hopefully the first of many back enders?

westie4566

Reaction score
Absolutely chuffed to bit's for you andy ?. See what happens when you get yer wellies on sir ?? and well done mows for being the ghillie ??

Funny that ... I just stuck together a wee red and pink conehead that might get a swim ( after a Willie gunn ?) on the tweed tomorrow ?
Tight lines for tomorrow Arnold - go get 'em. (y)

westie4566

Reaction score
Nice looking fish off Fintray this morning, just seen the video on Somers Facebook page.
Hopefully the first of many back enders?
Just had a look MC...that's certainly nae been in long...cracking fish!

Here's hoping a few of it's cousins have arrived too.