The best rod range ever made.....

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Don’t understand the negative posts on the 14’ Cross, it was a very nice rod indeed, cast floating and sinking lines with ease and casts were straight (well most times), rod also had a lovely feel, for me it was pushed into second place by the 12’, for me the best of that range.
now of course it has to be SL a bit biased of course but I’ve been using them exclusively for 6 years now and can’t see past them, they are a delight to fish with. It’s horses for courses though and it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things 😀🎣
Glyn,
You clearly didn’t have an S1 14’ from the first production run, which had one section as dead as a dodo. Springer also has clear opinion on the issue. The problem was cured subsequently, and for Bros, who bought mine, by replacing the section which was cracked.

bankwheel

Reaction score
I did have an early one as Did Bex on here no issues with them at all. Did Loop admit an issue? I,m surprised they put a rod out with a fault, how they didn’t notice an issue with a new range of rods amazes me

mows

Reaction score
Daiwa Whisker range.
Excellent troot rods.
Ok Double handers.
And still the most sought after spinning rods after 20 odd years of dominance.

Trout and spinning rods still go for more than they originally cost.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Daiwa Whisker range.
Excellent troot rods.
Ok Double handers.
And still the most sought after spinning rods after 20 odd years of dominance.

Trout and spinning rods still go for more than they originally cost.
Agreed mows, don't the lads at graham's of Inverness have the seatroot special and grilse special made of the whisker blank?, as for the spinning rods people are always after them season upon season 🎣👍

Rrrr

Reaction score
Only spinning rod that ive used that i prefer to the whisker is the guideline lpxe spin that i use. They didnt make them for long but great rods.
Also the mac martins used to be popular.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

MCXFisher

Reaction score
I did have an early one as Did Bex on here no issues with them at all. Did Loop admit an issue? I,m surprised they put a rod out with a fault, how they didn’t notice an issue with a new range of rods amazes me
Glyn,
things can go wrong in production: all it takes is someone to make a mistake and put the wrong specification of pre-preg in the roll up, or put it in 90 degrees mis-orientated. Springer could give you a much more detailed answer.
After all, with one of their new models, a well known maker of 4x4 managed to send out an entire batch with the filter blocks in the exhaust system fitted back to front, which generated some interesting and expensive engine failures. Apparently the sub-component supplier had put the direction arrow on the blocks 180 degrees wrong.

pfeul

Reaction score
sage XP as single hander. the 9ft 5wt is still my got to rod for trout.
the most complete range is the TCX for me.
the single hand trout rods were stiff but not tomato pokers as were the tcr.
the switch and double handers were advertised as ultra-fast at all but that was marketing bulls**t.

bankwheel

Reaction score
Glyn,
things can go wrong in production: all it takes is someone to make a mistake and put the wrong specification of pre-preg in the roll up, or put it in 90 degrees mis-orientated. Springer could give you a much more detailed answer.
After all, with one of their new models, a well known maker of 4x4 managed to send out an entire batch with the filter blocks in the exhaust system fitted back to front, which generated some interesting and expensive engine failures. Apparently the sub-component supplier had put the direction arrow on the blocks 180 degrees wrong.
Michael I have been in manufacturing for over 40 years, I understand how it works. My point is and what I am asking is, did Loop agree that the rods were faulty because from all of the cross rods sold the only place I have heard that there was an issue was on here, I have never heard about this issue from any of the Loop team or any users
Glyn

MCXFisher

Reaction score
I don’t know whether anyone corresponded with Loop on the issue, which appears only to have affected a small number of early production 14’ S1. I didn’t. Springer was aware of it having encountered one or more examples. Another member on here likewise. In my case I only identified it in retrospect having thought something wasn’t right, thinking about it, compared the bending curves of a range of other 14 footers and fishing with some of those, including 3 different Loop models. There was a clear anomaly.

Karl-K

Reaction score
Another vote for the S1 for me, I definitely had one of the original production line (14ft) and im Sure from memory i had a cast pre production. Mine definitely didn’t have a soft/dead spot and without any doubt my biggest regret was moving it on last year, I replaced it with a 7X which I’ve yet to bond with😂. My favourite though is definitely the 13’ #8, I can’t see me ever parting company with that one, however the 12‘ that I know loads of people love and rave about, I just couldn’t get on with, I tried every line under the sun, but just couldn’t get it right. I do agree with the comment above, the whole range is let down with a rubbish reel seat, especially the switch rod, which I am forever tightening through the course of a day

Neil W

Reaction score
Sage XP for single handed and the TCX for ‘switch rods’
RJC for the double handers are my new favourites although the Sage Igniter and X double handers I have had are very good

JACK POWER

Reaction score
I really like Loop Cross 14, maybe mine is one of the redeemed ones. Or maybe it's me! I like Gaelforce Destination and LTS Explosive rods a lot too. Obviously all will be dumped immediately to make room for a full set of Frofin's new Salar2 rods, maybe with matching reels. I used Sage single handers for years and one Loomis GLXd and was happy until, maybe four years ago, I had play with a Scott Radian. Wonderful, as is it successor the Centric.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
I really like Loop Cross 14, maybe mine is one of the redeemed ones. Or maybe it's me! I like Gaelforce Destination and LTS Explosive rods a lot too. Obviously all will be dumped immediately to make room for a full set of Frofin's new Salar2 rods, maybe with matching reels. I used Sage single handers for years and one Loomis GLXd and was happy until, maybe four years ago, I had play with a Scott Radian. Wonderful, as is it successor the Centric.
Looking forward to see how Frodins rods get on 👍

Ypres

Reaction score
This thread has made me dig out my late fathers rods. Daiwa Whiskers all. There’s a couple of 11’3” 7/8 he used for the sea trout and a 9’ and 9’6” 5/7. Sadly his spinning rod is a ‘glane’. Might take one of the rods out on Menteith at the weekend.

Rrrr

Reaction score
This thread has made me dig out my late fathers rods. Daiwa Whiskers all. There’s a couple of 11’3” 7/8 he used for the sea trout and a 9’ and 9’6” 5/7. Sadly his spinning rod is a ‘glane’. Might take one of the rods out on Menteith at the weekend.
The 9ft 5/7 is a brilliant rod. Maybe slow compared to modern rods but puts out a nice line.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk