Thanks TowySewin - great couple of days on the Eachaig

iainmortimer

Reaction score
I agree with the others. That’s a great report and the photos took me right back to my own trip. Thanks for posting

TowySewin

Reaction score
Neil, thanks for the phone call of thanks and so pleased you enjoyed.
I do not know if the Friday/Saturday rod turned up or not. As no communication whatsoever. So I do not know if he even went to the river.

Last edited:

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Neil, thanks for the phone call of thanks and so pleased you enjoyed.
I do not know if the Friday/Saturday rod turned up or not. As no communication whatsoever. So I do not know if he even went to the river.

I am rather upset at that as someone else could have had a couple of days on the loch for free, or the river and if low, used the time for reconnaissance, or fished the tidal pools if main river too low.

I could have given info on where to catch from shore on loch Eck too!

Oh well, perhaps the angler may provide details of his 2 days in due course?

Or would you like to know his username now? And you can message him yourselves?

I have been told this angler, who fished last year too for free, has not been respectful of the free offer and should be ashamed of himself for not having the courtesy to be in touch with me.

What do you think?

I can understand your frustration but perhaps good to give him a little longer because he may have suffered something that has prevented contact. However, If that mirrors last year then perhaps a name and shame is warranted!

Last edited:

Shug Wilson

Reaction score
Hi Rog
Apologies for not getting back sooner basically I have been out of action for a couple of weeks so no need to send the fiery cross over the Border. :)

Thanks for the shout, and yes I popped over on the Friday and fished into the evening and was back out in the early morning but as you were probably aware like the rest of the country it was blues sky's temperature in the high 20s and once the sun went down mega midges!!!!

Unfortunately I never touched anything apart from a few finnock but it was good to see the river so low and view the contours of the pools a bit different from last year when it was running at 8ft.

I also had a chat with Colin on the phone and he said they have only had one decent rise of water this year and that the fish shot straight through into the loch.

I watched the tide flood on the Friday and saw some movement but the fish weren't interested.

Again thanks for the shout and lets hope we get rain before the end of the season and like the rest of us I'm choking to get out on the burn.

Tight Lines.

Shug

TowySewin

Reaction score
Thanks for getting in touch Shug.
Everything was against you, what a big shame.
Perhaps you will have better fortune another time.