Ten interested people?

Piker20

Reaction score
Stew1 your flies arrived. Lovely tubes. Thanks for the extra. There is another parcel at the postoffice which was short on stamps!! Hoping that's not gwelshers parcel.

Piker20

Reaction score
All Arrived.

Everyone's flies are here and what a terrific bunch they are. This swap was intended to provide patterns that YOU'D caught a spring fish on and what has I have found really interesting is the general modest size we have all tied. Looking in tackle shops or magazines this time of year might have you thinking large large patterns are necessary but we have all tied what I consider modest sizes.

GWelsher, thanks for the extras. Very generous.

Okay everyone, these will be hitting Mondays post office. Tight lines 2015.

Piker20

Reaction score
Ah! Now i only just notice we closed the swap with 6 including me. And we all submitted 6 flies; does everyone wish to receive their pattern back making it a full set, or I will do a random lucky dip and everyone will receive one extra fly of one of the other swappers??

I'm also throwing in a fly that I recently came across from the 80s to bulk up the swap a little, that I'm sure seatrout and big browns will love, cant see why a salmon wouldn't hit it either.

Slaneysider

Reaction score
It's up to yourself, but I think you should keep the extra fly because you are the one that is doing all the work. It's up to the others but my vote goes to allow you to keep the extra fly

gwelsher

Reaction score
That's a relief mine have arrived. We had a some go missing in previous swaps, I think all the posties in Scotland are salmon fishers :D
Up to you Colin but the normal way was that everybody gets a full set. Quite often the theme from the swaps is offbeat so you only tie the ones for the swap not any for your box. I keep all my swap sets together and that way if I use one of my own, or one from somebody else, and should catch a fish I can report it in the Swap catches.

Last edited:

JACK POWER

Reaction score
keep it

Irra keep the extra one for yourself. If you work in a bullseye shop you're entitled to the odd sweetie

Last edited:

gwelsher

Reaction score
Got my set today. Great flies and they will be seeing a salmon hopefully.
Thanks to Colin for organising.

Piker20

Reaction score
Glad they made it. The Irish duo will leave tomorrow, didn't have a chance to hit post office with yours guys.

Nobby

Reaction score
just received a cracking set of fly's. thank you to all.

Are we doing it again this month!!!!

Nobby

Piker20

Reaction score
Glad the flies are starting to land. I plan on running a low water fly swap after Easter so keep your eyes open.

JACK POWER

Reaction score
fly swap

"Received a beautiful set of flies today , thanks to Colin for organising the swap and to all those who participated ... "

Same as that, thanks lads