teith polution

les grant

Reaction score
walk down the river today and came across this next to the geisher platform where the pipe comes out.Hard to miss as its right next to the path bad enough seals and mergansers but this kind of sewage.will phone stirling council and sepa tomorrow as unless a flash flood its all there to be seen.Human waste and sanitry towels at least 20 got photos

Glenogle

Reaction score
Aye it's pretty rank. I fished down over it the other day and just stuck to above the platform after that. Not sure how it's getting out the plant. I thought they would be much better than that these days.

keirstream

Reaction score
Is this only when they are lip hooked Wormo ?? what happens if they are foul hooked, do you have to put them back, its a moral thing isnt it? or am I missing the point? :help:

I'll bet you a Yorkshire share of a farthing that your fellow tyke MCX Fisher has a blog on that very subject somewhere and has analysed the best course of action in such difficult ethical situations.:)
Seeking will have some graphs also.:lol:

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)
I'll bet you a Yorkshire share of a farthing that your fellow tyke MCX Fisher has a blog on that very subject somewhere and has analysed the best course of action in such difficult ethical situations.:)

Tha' noz, as well as the Multi-Ident Cybernumpties I now also miss the Dislike button :p

:):D:):D:):D

Seriously though, my local river bank consists of about 5% of the offending articles, quietly "rotting" away and mingling with all the other synchem rubbish accumulating in river and banks and groundwater.

Of course the EA mantra is "you''ve never had it so good, salmon return to the Yorkshire rivers because water quality is now so good" but sadly, the truth of the matter is in the small print: for the last 10 years it's often been declining, EA monitoring has been likewise, and in reality the long term outlook is one way: rivers burn with eutrophication, synchems and plastics etc.

I understand Sepa is similiarly disposed...

Last edited:

MCXFisher

Reaction score

You've lost a share of a Yorkshire farthing, a unit of currency on par with Bitcoin nowadays. Your losses and the price of irony can be put to good use for the benefit of salmon via the Ure Salmon Trust.