Teith Croc

teithflyfisher

teithflyfisher
Reaction score
IMG_20211009_190538.jpg

Finally into my second fish of the season, taken on a pink Frances..quickly measured at 36 inches and safely returned to do it's business.

Andrew B

Reaction score
I'd guess around 18 / 19 lbs..Teith fish are well proportioned, gave a great account of itself and glad to see it swim away strongly. 🙌
Oh I can imagine. Ground looks piss wet n all, assume it was raining up there?
Did you see a lot of fish on the Teith, whilst catching this? I’m interested to know cause I’ve seen some ridiculous videos of the Teith in Autumn with literally hundreds of fish bouncing about and I’m not going too far back either?

teithflyfisher

teithflyfisher
Reaction score
I've not seen many personally..I honestly have seen no more than a handful jump all season. I know there were a few fish caught today and there was plenty seen further down at Doune so hopefully we'll maybe get a few more. A couple of years ago I timed it right to see decent numbers coming through in very little water in the summertime. The Teith always had a good reputation for good numbers of fish..in my opinion I think the numbers are no where near what they were 10years ago, this is reflected on the River Forth also.

Hoolet

Reaction score
I saw one fish all day yesterday, fished hard on a big water, mate had a wee seatroot and a brownie & that was the sum total for the day…..very poor

hoolet

teithflyfisher

teithflyfisher
Reaction score
I saw one fish all day yesterday, fished hard on a big water, mate had a wee seatroot and a brownie & that was the sum total for the day…..very poor

hoolet
It's been a bit like that for me as well the past few seasons..great water on occasion but a distinct lack of fish. I know of at least 5 salmon caught on the town water yesterday, hopefully a few more will be heading our way and your lucky yourself 🎣🎣

Hoolet

Reaction score
It's been a bit like that for me as well the past few seasons..great water on occasion but a distinct lack of fish. I know of at least 5 salmon caught on the town water yesterday, hopefully a few more will be heading our way and your lucky yourself 🎣🎣
Thank you….cracking fish by the way.

Hoolet