Technosaur requests help

Hemmy

Reaction score
I have to rely on phone to view forum etc as
1) I don't own a computer and wouldn't even know how to switch one on
2) my iPad is first version,out of date and unable to upgrade.cannot open many photos,videos,YouTube etc on forum posts.
I am struggling with phone due to small screen size and feel as if the effort is not always worthwhile.
I am contemplating buying an uptodate version of iPad.......either new or refurbished but cannot understand the jargon re description,capacity
Driving me mad.
Have contemplated learning to use a computer but feel as if I've missed the bus on that one.
Any help/views/opinions gracefully received:confused::help:

wormo

Reaction score
2) my iPad is first version,out of date and unable to upgrade.cannot open many photos,videos,YouTube etc on forum posts.
I am struggling with phone due to small screen size and feel as if the effort is not always worthwhile.
I am contemplating buying an uptodate version of iPad.......either new or refurbished but cannot understand the jargon re description,capacity
Driving me mad.
Have contemplated learning to use a computer but feel as if I've missed the bus on that one.

i could sell u an i phone 6 its going cheap but a little sticky and for some reason smells like fish:lol:
it does hovever have plenty green asses on it

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I'm the same old yin, I don't really do computers and only view the form on my phone a SONY XZ3, cracking phone wae a decent sized screen and cracking camera

So basically I'm no much help :doh:

westie4566

Reaction score
Driving me mad.

Go on with yersel' Ernie! The auld man had no clue what a pc was at age 69. Then his brother gifted him his old one and he got interested and he went to the OAP computer lessons. My dear departed Mum and I bought him an all singing and dancing pc for his 70th. Within a year Dad was running the OAP classes. I think the current tally is two tablets, a laptop and a pc that could launch a NASA space probe! He's no long turned 86 and is as doddery as f***. He's still as sharp as a tack when it comes to being online.

If he can do it - so can you, pal!

Ah the best and Merry Christmas

Andy

Big Ben

Reaction score
Driving me mad.

If this is a request purely to make life easier for using this forum and other online stuff simply buy a 2nd hand lap top.

Pick up a decent one for £130-£150 quid.

Don't worry about being a computer geek they really are very simple to use.

Chicharito

Reaction score
Driving me mad.

What type of phone are you using currently ?
Is it an android Smartphone or an IPhone?
You have posted photos on here before so if you bought an Android tablet or the Apple equivalent it would be exactly the same , only bigger.
I don't have a Windows pc or laptop but do all my computing on an
Android tablet or phone. That also includes printing on a Wi-Fi printer.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I did use the wee woman's laptop recently for studying for the theory test, thankfully I only needed it for a few weeks :thumb:

Still not much help :doh:

Hemmy

Reaction score
What type of phone are you using currently ?
Is it an android Smartphone or an IPhone?
You have posted photos on here before so if you bought an Android tablet or the Apple equivalent it would be exactly the same , only bigger.
I don't have a Windows pc or laptop but do all my computing on an
Android tablet or phone. That also includes printing on a Wi-Fi printer.

iPhone ......

Lamson v10

Reaction score
iPhone ......

Get yersell a decent phone like the Sony, I've managed to convert 4 of my mates to them, all say they wished they'd done it sooner( from I phone) , if you've never needed a laptop at your RIPE OLD AGE :lol: you don't need one now old yin

Last edited:

Chicharito

Reaction score
iPhone ......

Get an IPad then or a new phone as LamsonV10 says.
There's plenty on here who can help if you get stuck.
I have found Android tablets very easy to get on with and have had few if any problems.
Much easier than Windows ..........aargh !!!

Last edited:

barbonboy

Reaction score
Cash Converters often have second hand laptops,or iPads, at a reasonable price. The android system is quite easy to use.

NEbody

Reaction score
If you’re used to an iPad and an iPhone, I suggest just upgrading to newer versions because they look and feel pretty much like the old ones for doing what you’re used to. The new versions are faster and handle the bigger picture files that are a consequence of fancier cameras. You probably don’t need the latest or largest memory versions. The screen on iPhone 6 and later is ~20% bigger than the earlier versions, which makes the keypad easier for my fat fingers.

Hemmy

Reaction score
Go on with yersel' Ernie! The auld man had no clue what a pc was at age 69. Then his brother gifted him his old one and he got interested and he went to the OAP computer lessons. My dear departed Mum and I bought him an all singing and dancing pc for his 70th. Within a year Dad was running the OAP classes. I think the current tally is two tablets, a laptop and a pc that could launch a NASA space probe! He's no long turned 86 and is as doddery as f***. He's still as sharp as a tack when it comes to being online.

If he can do it - so can you, pal!

Ah the best and Merry Christmas

Andy

Thanks for that encouragement Andy.
I will have to do something but out here in the sticks OAP night class not an option.
It's just a case of where to start?
My business partner who was 10 years younger than me was the online /computer man whilst I was all face to face ,paper and and telephone but unfortunately he passed away suddenly and I've discovered that its a nightmare trying to get someone to sort everything out online.
The reality is I was able to take everything requiring computers :doh::doh:for granted but now have difficulty in sorting out my household billsetc.....am trying to get everything back on paper!

I've also taken up a position as consultant and will be expected to make online submissions etc before much longer.

I've already missed out on fishing and shooting throughout the whole of 2018 so I need to get things sorted.:doh:

Hemmy

Reaction score
Get yersell a decent phone like the Sony, I've managed to convert 4 of my mates to them, all say they wished they'd done it sooner( from I phone) , if you've never needed a laptop at your RIPE OLD AGE :lol: you don't need one now old yin

I probably wouldn't bother if I had decided to retire but have decided against retiring and am hoping to carry on for a few more years......health permitting I will reconsider that decision when 70.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Don't get a new phone :lol: get a lap top and a few computer lessons or a secretary wae a green erse ?

I know.. I know not much help :doh:

Hemmy

Reaction score
Al advertise for the green ersed secretary in the morning ......oh dear.....I can’t.....it has to be done on line :doh:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't bother if I had decided to retire but have decided against retiring and am hoping to carry on for a few more years......health permitting I will reconsider that decision when 70.

Good for you old yin :thumb: but mind and make time for the fishing this season :nod: but I was thinking you were already past 70 :pound::pound:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Al advertise for the green ersed secretary in the morning ......oh dear.....I can’t.....it has to be done on line :doh:

You should still be able to do that by telephone ernie :thumb: they still use them you know :lol:

Hemmy

Reaction score
Fed up with automated voices and long queues ......another reason for current but hopefully temporary despondency

Hemmy

Reaction score
Might have a walk round to see Mr Curry after work tomorrow......but no doubt some youngster will frazzle my brain whilst reeling off his/her well rehearsed spiel which will go right over my head and I will no doubt come home with a new telly :batty:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Fed up with automated voices and long queues ......another reason for current but hopefully temporary despondency

Cany be doing with them automated thingy ma bobbers either, chin up old yin you'll get it sorted :thumb:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Might have a walk round to see Mr Curry after work tomorrow......but no doubt some youngster will frazzle my brain whilst reeling off his/her well rehearsed spiel which will go right over my head and I will no doubt come home with a new telly :batty:

Offt that would frazzle me brain ernie :lol: it took me long enough to get a mobile phone :pound: