Tea or Coffee ?

Tardyrover

Reaction score
I have a coffee first thing. lavazza beans into a grind and brew filter coffee machine. then its tea at work. instant coffee when I get in. then in the evening it'll be either a Ceylon breakfast tea or an Assam mangalam freshly brewed loose tea.

Finglas

Reaction score
Used to like black coffee no sugar but it was giving me bad heartburn. Now I'm on the tea and find it better. Yorkshire tea with a bit of milk, no sugar again. Any sort of biscuit for dipping is a bonus. Hard to beat tea and scones though, or tea and a crumpet with some damson jam!

NEbody

Reaction score
Coffee in the morning, tea after that. Generally neither when I’m fishing: just a small bottle of water until I get back to the car, where there may be a flask of black coffee. Tea needs to be freshly brewed with fresh milk, which is too much faff away from home.

madcaster

Reaction score
What a great post 😊
Tea ! I dislike coffee, strong splash of whole milk 1 sugar .. very British,
Flask is stewed usually made in the small hours but poured into a China mug as I don't do pot mugs or tin receptacles.
A day on the river would be the above with a cheese sandwich and a buttered stone. I have to purchase the scones as Mrs Caster is sh1te at baking🙄

MC

HARDYBOY

Reaction score
Tea, all day, every day.. M&S 'Gold Blend' bags or loose leaf, cracking brew.

If it has to be coffee, then it's Nescafe instant, made with hot milk, great from a flask with a tot of Whisky.

tcorfey

Reaction score
Greetings from the USA, fine site you have here and the fly tying is superb!
If I may indulge in this discussion I drink coffee most of the time.
But on occasion a warm cup of Earl Grey with some milk and a small lemon scone I find is good for the soul.

Last edited:

Handel

Reaction score
Coffee. Coffee is one of the greatest things on earth.

Whether its an Italian espresso or cappuccino. French press. Merkan drip. Or cowboy cup over a fire.

You tea drinkers are doing it wrong. Also, you have bad taste. :p
Heero, entirely understandable, I gave up drinking tea in the US years ago after being offered endless cups of vile tea. For some reason in the US you boil your coffee but never boil the water for tea.

AlanT

Reaction score
I love coffee but about once a week I'd get bad side effects from the caffeine, horrendous palpitations etc and totally unpredictable. Sometimes I could drink coffee all day with no issues, sometimes it would take just one to set things off.
So, for the last two years I've switched to one 'real' coffee in the morning then decaff after that!
There are some good decaffs out there. On more that one occasion I've accidentally made it for others, most don't know the difference and one was quite complimentary and she's supposedly a coffee snob lol

salarchaser

Reaction score
When I'm fishing, water. Even if theres frost on the ground.
No time to waste faffing about.

At home its generally tea. Strong as you like, just a splash of full fat white stuff.
If drinking coffee, black, no sugar for 'proper stuff', white with one sugar if instant coffee.
Often dont drink anything but water at home anyway.

kinnaber

Reaction score
Love both . Good old Scottish blend to kick start the day . After a lot of persuasion finally teased out of the staff at Rogano in Glasgow the bean they used for their fantastic espresso . Grand Milano extra bar . Fantastic stuff if you have a decent bean to cup machine . Coffee seldom before lunchtime .

wilbert

Reaction score
Don't drink either, both are overrated rancid foul tasting concoctions. Pint of Vimto first thing in a morning and water or Lucozade when fishing whether is boiling hot or bloody freezing.

Fly-Only

Reaction score
Yorkshire Gold Tea for me all day long........ loose or tea bags

We built an empire on drinking tea guys .....lest we forget!

Marcus c

Reaction score
After a hard day on the lough or river in spring you cant beat a coffee, but forget your lattes and americano. A proper Irish coffee is the only boy to kickstart the afternoon🔥

PETEY

Reaction score
Coffee. Coffee is one of the greatest things on earth.

Whether its an Italian espresso or cappuccino. French press. Merkan drip. Or cowboy cup over a fire.

You tea drinkers are doing it wrong. Also, you have bad taste. :p

Aye ....... We`ve all seen what happens when you Merkins mix your coffee and beans whilst home on the range.