Tay 2020

Hemmy

Reaction score
Ffs Arnold I told you not to tell anyone 😑
I am clandestinely making my way home down the A1 under cover of darkness in my heavily overladen fresh Grimsby fish van ( the one with the go faster green stripes down each side) hoping to deliver my ill gotten gains to the local smokehouse by crack of dawn ......I’ve got well heeled cash paying customers waiting in Westminster and Holyrood
🀣🀣🀣

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Ffs Arnold I told you not to tell anyone 😑
I am clandestinely making my way home down the A1 under cover of darkness in my heavily overladen fresh Grimsby fish van ( the one with the go faster green stripes down each side) hoping to deliver my ill gotten gains to the local smokehouse by crack of dawn ......I’ve got well heeled cash paying customers waiting in Westminster and Holyrood
🀣🀣🀣
Did you get them on the green ersed ghillie πŸ˜‚. I thought you'd have just took to the sky's in yer sleigh 😜

rubberwellie

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is any availability for a day on the Tay this week?

Looking for a day on Wednesday but there doesn't appear to be any availability whatsoever on Fishpal for the month of August - not sure if it's just a bug on the website.

Coneheads

Banned
Reaction score

Looking for a day on Wednesday but there doesn't appear to be any availability whatsoever on Fishpal for the month of August - not sure if it's just a bug on the website.
50 + rods available on wed this week alone ,never mind the rest of the month ?

Fergie

Reaction score

With the volume of rain expected tomorrow I’d expect it will be a fair old size on Wednesday and likely coloured.

glenelg100

Reaction score
I had a look on fishpal and there quite a few rods available on several beats for Wednesday

rubberwellie

Reaction score
I can see the availability now, wasn’t showing earlier for some reason. Also just checked the weather forecast, will have to rethink my plans.

Thanks for the feedback.

lefthandup

Reaction score
Looking to fish the Tay this weekend with a pal....
This is the river I would love to catch a salmon on so I'll gladly take any pointers on which beat to go for if there's available rods ?

Preferably fly but I'll spin to win πŸ˜‰ if needs be !

ArchieL

Reaction score
If i was you i would try Findynate , lovelly little beat with a couple of nice casts with the fly and a big long deeper pool where you could winkle a fish out of , the rapids below always ensure that any fish coming thru take a rest somewhere on the beat. Maybe not as popular as the other Tay beats but every time i have fished it i have left the beat happy having enjoyed my day. PS take the trout rod for a cast if a hatch is on as it has plenty trout or did have last time i fished it.. Hot Spot just around where the boat gets tied up but depends on water height and method.

kingfisher

Reaction score
Looking to fish the Tay this weekend with a pal....
This is the river I would love to catch a salmon on so I'll gladly take any pointers on which beat to go for if there's available rods ?

Preferably fly but I'll spin to win πŸ˜‰ if needs be !
Try Newtyle Colin lol

neilt

Reaction score
Lower Tay with best chance of fresh fish.
Decent availability and ok prices.
Upper Redgorton, got rods and great fly water.

lefthandup

Reaction score
Could be a big water after Tuesday...
So we're going upriver...maybe not the best chance of a fresh fish but even if I get a kipper I'll be over the moon to get my first salmon from the Tay 🀞