Synthetic Jungle Cock

Sunset_angler

Reaction score
They look ok but I have found them difficult to tie in, I also found the add unwanted buoyancy to flies I have tied on hooks

iainmortimer

Reaction score
I remember reading that one of the properties of jungle cock is that it is UV reactive whereas the synthetic stuff isn’t. You’d be better buying a cheap JC cake for £30 and using a little nail polish or varnish to fix the splits if it bothers you or use the splits as they are if not.

TayRaider

Reaction score
Not worth it in my experience

The ones I tried actually worked out quite expensive per nail compared to my normal mid quality cape

Rainclouds

Reaction score
I find synthetic jungle cock looks better tied in smaller sizes than you would use natural. I use them to replace the most used sizes from a cape to avoid ending up with part used capes. I tie it in facing forwards and fold back to avoid it pulling out. Not sure which brand I used below but it appears the same as sold by flymakers. Size is 15mm and fly wing is 2.5 inches for scale.

Attachments

• 20210322_143841.jpg
    20210322_143841.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47

speydog

Reaction score
Prosportfisher Gen3 for smaller flies. I just cut the ends to a point, dab of superglue and that’s it. If tying tubes I prefer Future Fly JC.