Switch rod help

Chambow

Reaction score
I got an 11' 6" Airflo vibe switch rod 8wt and don't know what line to get for it. I'll be fishing small to medium sized rivers for salmon. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks

Holwell53

Reaction score
Another vote for Barrio , just give him a message with details of rod , and he will sort best line

Wee Double

Reaction score
I've got one in the post hopefully it'll arrive in the next couple of days. 7/8 wt - can't wait to try it out my new rod and reel.

Purchased on the back of all the forum recommendations for a great line (y)

Move fast, as Mike advised they just got new stock in

Cheers
WD

Nigel Passmore

Reaction score
Joining the love-in a little late, but I have to agree the Barrio is easily the best switch line I've used. It has the right weight and distribution to do what it is meant to do i.e. Doublehanded Spey and singlehanded overhead cast. I've never fished with the OPs make of rod, but I think the suggestion to contact Mike Barrio is a good one. A small heads up. Barrio Lines need to be looped at both ends. Personally, I've more faith in a whipped Roman Moser loop coping fine with the loop to loop connection of a flurocarbon leader than a welded loop. However, if you are not so keen on that, they have just introduced a custom welded loop service.

Regards

NHP

Chambow

Reaction score
Thanks lads. I got in touch with Mike and he is sorting me out. He out of stock at the minute. But I'll definitely get one when he gets them back in. Thanks for all your help

Chicharito

Reaction score
For the price you can't go wrong. Mike Barrio has always been very helpful and knowledgeable when I have contacted him.

DC

Reaction score
I'm also waiting for them to come back into stock.. Just need to check every couple of days.

Chambow

Reaction score
I got him on Facebook and he got back to me within the hour. Just go into his Facebook page and send him a message on messager