Swap. Feb 2018

Hemmy

Reaction score
Arrived safely.....nice collection withe fair sprinkling of green erses.....:nod::nod:
Thanks to Colin for organising :nod::nod::nod:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Fly's arrived safely :). A cracking set of fly's which I look forward to using :cool:
thank's everyone :clap: and a big Thank's to piker20 for organising yer a top man
Look forward to joining in another swap soon

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I agree with Gary . A cracking set of flies which will do a job anywhere and everywhere. If I was pushed to choose the pick of the bunch then Lamson’s would be it.
Apart from the use of colour and the proportions ,how does he get the heads so neat and tidy ? Should be banned for not following the brief.

Practice billy :)

Piker20

Reaction score
Well well well. The effects of brexit are worse than I ever thought. BUT canewizards flies arrived today!!!!

Sooo, canewizard I will get a set out to you so everyone will have their Feb sets. Hopefully you'll receive them before 2019.

Then those wonderful people in the March swap will get an extra back with those. The rest of you hopefully join in to other swaps as the year goes through and they will be added in to those.

Canewizard

Reaction score
Phew ? Glad they made it. Never underestimate a Ninja! Even in the toughest of conditions, they'll prevail.
Now you also know, when to tie one on...

Hemmy

Reaction score
Phew ? Glad they made it. Never underestimate a Ninja! Even in the toughest of conditions, they'll prevail.
Now you also know, when to tie one on...

Come on cane wizard you and your ninjas have got to do the March swap now after all this excitement :nod::lol:

deanevans

Reaction score
Gutted boys had my envelope yesterday only to have it delivered in a plastic bag with royal mails apologies the envelope had clearly been opened and the flies removed. Tried to phone there customer service team only to reach a recorded message (due to the current weather we can not take your call). Will have to try again once the weather gets better I suppose. I think the word got out that Lamson was doing the fly swap. Keep a look out for a fly fishing postman on your rivers guys. And throw him in for me. Nod

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Piker20

Reaction score
I can't believe they did that, especially with it being a Signed for packet. Hopefully you can claim some pennies for new hooks at the very least.

deanevans

Reaction score
A big thank-you to Mr welsher who has kindly offered me his set of flies.
True gentleman. Now the misses won't have to look at my miserable face
I can't speak highly enough of all the gents on this forum . Thank you again Gary Top man

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Slaneybs

Reaction score
Arrived this morning - you guys are right this is as good a set of flies as I have seen. Some really good tyings. The problem is going to be keeping track of whose fly does the business especially if you then go and lose it next cast so cant check against the photos.
What material is Lamson's bucktail "subsitute" and where can you get it? I love the dual colour - yellow and black could be a winner as well.
Many thanks to all tyers and Piker for organising. hope to rejoin nxt month when the pink phase is past!

Canewizard

Reaction score
My set arrived today. I'm blown away, this is by far the best swap I've been in and I'd fish all those flies with confidence.
Who tied the GBWG minitube? Dean? What a cracker. Love it.

Thanks Colin for organising ?

billy fish

Reaction score
Thanks to Hemmy

Hoping to get these green ersed ghillie variants/deviants in the post tomorrow :nod::nod::nod:

Found at last. I've trawled through the fly swap to find this fly I caught with last week. Also lost a fish on it.
Cheers Hemmy
Colin.