Swap. Feb 2018

Piker20

Reaction score
Ok folks. I'm willing to host a swap (hopefully) each month.

Rules are simple. Tie a fly for each member of the swap +/- yourself and post them securely (meaning postman doesn't get stabbed) including a Stamped Self addressed envelope

I would encourage any newer tiers to join as it is a great way to improve your ties and improve your confidence.

There will be a seven day window to sign up each month, allowing Min of 3weeks to tie and post.

The closing date each month will be a fixed date so that swaps can be back with people in a timely fashion. Life does sometimes interfer and please PM me if you have issues rather than just not saying anything and everyone is waiting on flies that never arrive.

Last edited:

Piker20

Reaction score
Feb 2018

Ok.
ok, swap is full.

Start off simple. Your favourite fly that uses bucktail.

The closing date to arrive with me is February 14th. So almost 4 weeks.

1) Piker20 Tied
2) Billy fish. Arrived, daughter stole mine already!!
3) GWelsher. landed-
terrific!

4) Lamson v10 arrived. Superb
5) Canewizard
6) Deesunray Arrived - terrific!
7) Faughan purple. Arrived lovely
8) Hemmy arrived lovely
9) Deanevans. Arrived. Lovely
10) Slaneyb Arrived - terrific

Last edited:

billy fish

Reaction score
Thanks for taking this valuable part of the forum on.
Many thanks to Gary for doing such a good job .
Count me in .
Colin

Piker20

Reaction score
welcome Billy, I'll give it 7days before calling numbers so we all have at least 3weeks to tie and post.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
This will be my first time joining in the swap put me down piker20

GaryD

Reaction score
Big thanks to Piker for taking on the swap, will miss it as have received some cracking flies over the years and would echo his comments re new tiers, great way to learn and find consistencyπŸ‘. Tight lines to everyone who enters.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
That's mine nearly ready piker20 :) 10 lava shrimps on size 8 patriots, just need to give them the varnish treatment which will probably take longer than they took to tie and I'll get them in the post, can you please pm me the address

DSC_0327.jpg

Piker20

Reaction score
That's mine nearly ready piker20 :) 10 lava shrimps on size 8 patriots, just need to give them the varnish treatment which will probably take longer than they took to tie and I'll get them in the post, can you please pm me the address

View attachment 26849
They are crackers Lamson and it's your first swap so I'll let you off but the theme was meant to be your favourite fly WITH bucktail. I've pmd you an address.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
They are crackers Lamson and it's your first swap so I'll let you off but the theme was meant to be your favourite fly WITH bucktail. I've pmd you an address.
Arnie you plonker πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. That's what happens when you don't read things properly
:rolleyes: I'll get another 10 done :)

Hemmy

Reaction score
Arnie you plonker πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. That's what happens when you don't read things properly
I tried to warn you .....obviously I was being to subtle πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Am sure everyone will be delighted with your no Bucktail offerings......there’ll be no need to tie any others.......they are super flies πŸ‘

Piker20

Reaction score
Yeah don't tie a new set, those are great. Maybe next month can be a fur theme and you might do bucktail:p

Hemmy

Reaction score
Put me down please.......enjoyed the craic on this thread already so least I can do πŸ˜‚

deanevans

Reaction score
Count me in this thread has kept me entertained all night. Better than the **** on the telly. Good bunch of boys that don't mind the **** being taken out of them.

These are for Lamson v10

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Count me in this thread has kept me entertained all night. Better than the **** on the telly. Good bunch of boys that don't mind the **** being taken out of them.

These are for Lamson v10

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Think these should do the job dean ;). Now where the fe ck did I put that bucktail :rolleyes:

_20180121_223217.jpg

Last edited: