Supatracks in rubber soles

devonshire

Reaction score
After reading good reviews of Supatracks, I decided to put some in my rubber soled Orvis pivot boots. I used the 3000B's and put 10 in each boot. After a dozen or so outings I now have 3 left in one boot and 2 in the other 😲. It looks like they've just pulled out of the rubber. Anybody else experienced this problem with Vibram soles?

I've also put the 1605's in my felt soled boots so it'll be interesting to see how long they last.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I've only replaced 2 in 3 year's on my simms boots and I use them for salmon, trout and grayling fishing 👍

Slaneybs

Reaction score
I've only replaced 2 in 3 year's on my simms boots and I use them for salmon, trout and grayling fishing 👍
Likewise, I have found them great. They get a really good grip in the rubber. no problem recommending them.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Had them in the Orvis Access vibrant rubber boots for >4 years, some of them have become a bit twisted out out of vertical but none have gone missing.

I Got a new pair of Orvis Boots today and notice that the soles aren’t vibram any more. That maybe a problem?

devonshire

Reaction score
Thanks all. Not sure why they've fallen out. They were new studs in old boots (about a season of use). This one had 10 studs in it just a few weeks ago. Maybe the rubber is too soft?

IMG_2579.JPG

lowforcefly

Reaction score
I have had supatracks in a couple of pairs of simms, for few years now, and have yet to lose one....you may be right about the Orvis rubber being too soft ? Vibram sole are normally around 70 shore, but they do make softer, Lower SH no. for more 'Grippy ??' applications.
Things you could try ...add a dab of superglue, or aquasure, on the helix as you wind the stud in....just make sure you chem clean sole & stud with something like acetone / thinners.
Be careful not to over tighten....I practised on some old workboots, just to see how the studs went in, before I tackled my new simms. One of the studs hit the steel shank and jacked a core of rubber clean out, when I tried to give it a bit of stick.