Sunray

salmonstu.

Reaction score
Anybody had any experience with Sunray salmon rods
Interested in 12ft6 8#

Loxie

Reaction score
He has had some pretty poor customer service reviews.

tawsalmon

Reaction score
No knowledge of their rods but I had a very poor experience trying to buy some other bits off the company a few years back. Basically they were obviously marketing stuff at the time that they didn’t actually hold in stock. After several weeks of waiting and various chase ups with no prospect of the delivery materialising, I did eventually get my money back but only after being on the receiving end of some unconventional ideas about contemporary customer service. I and my mate will not be bothering them ever again as a consequence.

liphook

Reaction score
Aka Mr Bell End. Definitely give him and his BS a wide birth! Talk to the lads at John Norris - preferably James if he's available - on the phone if not in person. I've had some unadvertised bargains by doing just that

D

Deleted member 21259

As above, ring and grab James if you can at JN.

You won't get him on the phone. He's really busy. If you can get over there probably a better option to call in. If he's not available then ask for David. A really nice lad who will gives fantastic deals.

JoeE

Reaction score
You won't get him on the phone. He's really busy. If you can get over there probably a better option to call in. If he's not available then ask for David. A really nice lad who will gives fantastic deals.
Had him several times on the phone to be fair. David has now also left JN

MikeCC

Reaction score
I wont bother getting into a debate re Mr Bell, other than say hes a bit of a marmite character who promotes his gear heavily online. I did however have one of his trout rods(Volition 10ft #7) for a while and have to say it was a damned good blank.....and i’ve had many rods over the years. It was a lovely rod to cast, not too fast but lots of power. Reel seat was average, cork was a bit better than average, and the guides and stripper rings are Fuji K’s which are pretty darned good. Nicely finished rod. I wouldve kept it but I use primarily a 9ft #6 for trout now.