Sunderland Hall Report

Tyke

Reaction score
I'm up there next week & am currently tying smaller flies & lightweight aluminum tubes up in stead of my usual 1.25" brass ones.

I'm fed up of scratching around on low rivers this season, Rain for Heaven's sake, RAIN!!!!!

Regards, Tyke.

longchuck

Reaction score
Same here on the upper tweed for a few days next week.looks like. It will be hard going with the lack of water.
Don't see any rain forecast as far as sat .
Rain please rain

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
It is not the lack of rain that is the problem, it is the lack of new fish.
In the not too distant past, when fishing Fairnilee in the first week of November in water lower than it is now (and had been low for a couple of weeks), we had a good few new fish. At this time of year, a worthwhile percentage of new fish coming in to the river do not stop until they reach the upper beats, but, as with everywhere else, there is no back end run.
Seems the Tweed fish ran in the summer again, so there will be a few kippers waiting for you.

Last edited:

leedsgarth

Reaction score
all Scotland the same?

thanks for the report and your other reply QPWF

I know some guys who were recently on the Yair and it was very thin on the ground compared to past years.

many are slating the lack of Tweed run but many other rivers are and have been the same in 2016,
the fish did just not come much after September.
it is not a problem of a river it is just a blip for a year out at sea,
they will be back, hopefully sooner than later
(in 2017 please mr and mrs Salar:D)

LG

D

Dunbar

The fishing at Cardrona has already surpassed it's 2015 catch, but all the fish are well coloured - there are plenty fish in the pools. I heard a report yesterday that there was a run of fresher grilse around the Mertoun area, I suppose there is still some room for a run of newer fish to come in November (ever the optimist).

Rennie

Reaction score
As I'm up there next week myself as a part of Tykes circle of reprobates,I am preparing for a week of hard graft.I am currently packing a collapsible pool table, cards,dominoes and an inflatable dart board.An outside bet see's me considering an ouija board(to find a fish!).Me thinks hangover cures may well be more in demand over certain fly patterns or pool rotations.
A general warning for all who may well be in the area in that Burts Hotel in Melrose will once again(as it does annually) run out of Timmy Taylors Landlord by Weds. evening.
I would say tight lines, but full glasses seem more appropriate!,Pedro.

kingfisher

Well known member
Reaction score
As I'm up there next week myself as a part of Tykes circle of reprobates,I am preparing for a week of hard graft.I am currently packing a collapsible pool table, cards,dominoes and an inflatable dart board.An outside bet see's me considering an ouija board(to find a fish!).Me thinks hangover cures may well be more in demand over certain fly patterns or pool rotations.
A general warning for all who may well be in the area in that Burts Hotel in Melrose will once again(as it does annually) run out of Timmy Taylors Landlord by Weds. evening.

Brilliant lol

Tyke

Reaction score

I must remember my rubber darts for the inflatable dart board,,,,,,,

Tyke.

morphfly

Reaction score
Rennie
You forgot the Forfar Bridies and Yum Yums for lunch.
Who needs fish
Morphfly