Suir report

the gap

Reaction score
Fair enough, you would just wonder how the IFI comes up with quota without any data to base it on
as far as I know it's done off logbook returns.so it's very important to return log book and unused tags to keep quota correct and hopefully low .i hear snapnets had tags to return ?.

snap t

Reaction score
Log book returns are the most unreliable data you can think off if they serve as a basis to determine the health of salmon stocks.

the gap

Reaction score
For a couple of weeks.
was that part of the weir.how did they come up with the big qota for snapnets.i went away from fishing in the Celtic tiger years due to work so I'm just tying to understand quotas and why did Suir not be same as nore from start of the tags.

Nore Angler

Reaction score
was that part of the weir.how did they come up with the big qota for snapnets.i went away from fishing in the Celtic tiger years due to work so I'm just tying to understand quotas and why did Suir not be same as nore from start of the tags.

They do get the quotas from logbook returns.

snap t

Reaction score
to my opinion there should only be one quota : no quota. No nets, cath and release only.

the gap

Reaction score

Suir 2014 catch and release snap nets gone and no prawn or worm. Big surprise but there has been no autum run what so ever.

the gap

Reaction score
At last a good number of fish going up river . It's been very late coming. Very strange thing are happening iv seen spent fish now and fish powering up river. One too early one too late what's happening?

snap t

Reaction score
Salmon survival mechanism. Have a read Of Hugh Falkus. In his opinion salmon will spread the efforts in case one "batch" gets wiped out. The only thing I can think of to be honest, having said that : I am not a expert in any shape or form. At least good to hear a few fish are coming up. Was getting worried.

the gap

Reaction score
Suir anglers federation AGM in hearns hotel clonmel feb 4th 7.45 all Suir anglers are welcome

Troll

Reaction score
River has fished very well in may not great numbers but some great fish mostly between 8ib and 15ib a few 19lb got gone a bit quiet in last few days water top class for fly fishing
Anyone know who controls Kilsheelin beat. Thought it was a fella called Phillip Maher. However recently failed to get hold of him... someone suggesting he moved to Canada!! Would like to fish at Kilsheelin!!