storm desmond

marty31

Reaction score
with the tweed a lunch time at 13 feet and rising at norham we pulled out the boats and chained them up for the winter it all looked pretty scary, if it rises much more our fishing hut will be floating around in the north sea like the mary celeste looks like Cumbria seems to be hit even worse, whats your area like:eek::eek:

MikeCC

Reaction score
Terrible here in Perthshire. Tay is about to burst its banks onto the inches in Perth. The Earn has pretty much disappeared, just miles of flooding where a river once was.

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
The Wear has just peaked 2cm under its record height up in the dales.Theres more rain to come as well.
Typical,you wait all year for water then theres a years worth comes in one day.
I imagine the Redds from early spawners will be long gone now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Flood

Massive floods throughout Cumbria, Eden burst its banks and roads around Carlisle shut, Border Esk at 11ft and rising, rose 7ft in 5 hours !
Keswick once again flooded, even after millions spent, Cockermouth now under threat, even with massive new defences.
Every river in Cumbria now with a threat to life flood warning !

Stay safe people !

marty31

Reaction score
The Wear has just peaked 2cm under its record height up in the dales.Theres more rain to come as well.
Typical,you wait all year for water then theres a years worth comes in one day.
I imagine the Redds from early spawners will be long gone now.

typical no water all year then that much all at once the redds get damaged, that's all we need :mad:

simon grace

Reaction score
Whats with the naming of storms anyway.Next news we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving and Independance Day.
Storm Desmond..Rediculous.It's just weather!!
I've been shooting all day.Got pissed wet through with Rain Richard and Windy William...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chester

Reaction score
Scary stuff! Just blown my bloody fence down!!!

image.jpg

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Whats with the naming of storms anyway.Next news we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving and Independance Day.
I've been shooting all day.Got pissed wet through with Rain Richard and Windy William...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Totally agree with a load a crap naming a flaming rain cloud

Skiptonian

Reaction score

Don't know what kind of shooting you were doing Simon but if using a rifle I hope you had a scope with plenty of windage adjustment.

Just lost my fence.

kingfisher

Stay Safe
Reaction score
Wife and a load of mates were travelling to Sheffield to see Mrs Brown boys. They are all returning home due to being stuck on A66 due to flooding.
I reckon they will arrive in Glasgow 10-12 midnight.

Bang goes my quiet night in with a few malts aaargh

salarchaser

Reaction score
Been a dry day in my neck of the woods though blowing a hoolie. Been out clearing a hedge row.

We've had a lot of rain over the past few days and one of my fields is as much water as it is grass.

Welsh Dee is high but not at flood levels.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
my fence is down, the updated hights are 14 ft 4 and rising, something tells me that theres nothing much good about this weekend :eek::eek:

Looking at the river levels there's a Lot more water comeing your way marty

D

Deleted member 945

Totally agree with a load a crap naming a flaming rain cloud

They said today on BBC that they've started naming them so people take them more seriously and don't go taking selfies standing on piers with 50 foot waves. Makes sense

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
Poor people in Cumbria flooded out "Again".
For one person its the third time.
I think i would have taken the hint after the second...:confused:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
They said today on BBC that they've started naming them so people take them more seriously and don't go taking selfies standing on piers with 50 foot waves. Makes sense

We had one in Scotland called barney, I'm really gonna take seriously something named after a big purple singing and dancing bear :rolleyes::D

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
Good job they are only small tides at the moment or there would probably have been more flooding in the lower reaches of the rivers if they were Springs..

Richardgw

Reaction score
And imagine how many Fry and Parr are washed away.

Nature knows all about floods and has its own mechanisms of coping and compensating. We might lose some fry/ parr /reds but probably far less than we think and far less than taken by saw billed ducks and cormorants.

D

Deleted member 945

Nature knows all about floods and has its own mechanisms of coping and compensating. We might lose some fry/ parr /reds but probably far less than we think and far less than taken by saw billed ducks and cormorants.

Damn those unnatural birds