Sting

Canewizard

Reaction score
Working at the hatchery listening to Sting, it occured to me once again how much I love his music. 'Ten Summoner's tales' is a great album. Also really love 'Mercury Falling', but I guess that's due to sweet memories, except for the one, when my mother binned my 'Mercury Falling'-Tour ticket, because she thought it was a meaningless piece of paper ? **** happens...
What's your favourite album?

Cheers

Rrrr

Reaction score
Oasis... definately maybe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

G

guest2938

So many ...but notables

The Stone Roses The Stone Roses
Justin Timberlake Futuresex/Lovesounds

Birkin

Reaction score
"El Camino"........."Turn Blue".

And from way back "Another Night"

Last edited:

noeyedeer

Reaction score
Working at the hatchery listening to Sting, it occured to me once again how much I love his music. 'Ten Summoner's tales' is a great album. Also really love 'Mercury Falling', but I guess that's due to sweet memories, except for the one, when my mother binned my 'Mercury Falling'-Tour ticket, because she thought it was a meaningless piece of paper ? **** happens...
What's your favourite album?

Cheers

All the better when the bewitching Kathryn Tickell is playing on his tracks too!

#northumbrianpipes

For now though, here she is on her own, I could listen to her talk all day :tongue:

Kathryn Tickell - 'Lads of Alnwick' - YouTube

Loxie

Reaction score
It would be very hard to choose a single album. Contenders for me would be: The Velvet Underground; "The Velvet Underground" and "1969, The Velvet Underground Live", Bob Dylan; "Bob Dylan" and "Blood on the Tracks", Fleetwood Mac; "Rumours", the Pavarotti/Sutherland Rigoletto and Den Norske Opera and Ballet Peer Gynt. Might need a Marriage of Figaro but can't decide on even a favourite recording of that!

carbisdale caster

Reaction score
A tough one to pin down just one album so here's a few of my favourites: The Warlocks - Phoenix, The Black Angels - Passover, John Martyn - Solid Air, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - BRMC, Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band - Bongo Rock and lastly Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus. I could go on but I now need to go and tidy up my records :)

Neil W

Reaction score
On top of the Floyd albums has to be Led Zep First 4 albums, black sabbath paranoid and Rush Permanent waves. So many others to choose from

Johnnieboy

Reaction score
I'm going with:

The Who
Stone roses
Rolling stones
James......

if no ones listening:

Qfx
bassgenerator
ultrasonic?

G

guest2938

Reminisce

Pink Floyd Earls Court 1994

19 years old, 8 of us down by bus from Aberdeen left 6am Friday, concert on the Saturday. Smoking nice smelling fags all the way down, god knows what they were :noidea: , arrive at hotel...showered...tickets and VIP access sorted into Ministry of Sound courtesy of a DJ acquaintance on the rave scene at the time, some rhubarb and custards.:shocked:........met the most amazing one night stand of my life, washed that girl right out of my hair midday Sat....still no sleep :(...showered .....hotel bar in the afternoon met up with mates and on the peeve until 6pm, showered, bus to Earls Court.......some billy :nod::shocked:, into the concert.....seated at the very back row up the balcony. I cannot describe how great the feeling of being at that concert was, the atmosphere, the music, the stage and aesthetics....and some more of those fags:nod:.....truly amazing. Back to the hotel and gatecrashed a Rocky Horror Picture Show convention...what a hoot....drunk silly.

What a weekend, slept all the way back up the road on the bus Sunday, up for work Monday morning. I could do that then, party hard and turn up for work with no drama as if nothing happened. Changed days.

Had some amazing times growing up....going to the football, rave scene, Ibiza lads holidays, but Floyd concerts sticks out

Shame ?......absolutely none, loved every minute of my youth.

DCH

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours'.

If I had to choose one.

I'm not great at listening to whole albums. They have to be very... cohesive for me to be bothered to listen to it all in the order that God intended. John Martyn 'Solid Air' is good in one go. Florence + The Machine 'Lungs'. Arctic Monkeys 'AM'. Guns & Roses 'Appetite for Destruction'. But they wouldn't be desert island discs.

Klink Eastwood, that weekend sounds legendary.

Heero

Reaction score
Mellon Collie Infinite Sadness. Smashing Pumpkins.

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour

Marvin Gaye - What's going on

and this..........

fleetwood.jpg

But in truth I could list dozens!

John Keane

Reaction score
Sgt Pepper
Stripped - Stones
Season’s End - Marillion
Who’s Next
Darkness on the Edge of Town - the Boss
Foxtrot - Genesis
Tapestry - Carole King
Led Zep IV

and on, and on, and on...

Last edited:

ibm59

Reaction score
Fire and Water. Free . Got it in 1971.

Had my first sunburst LP a little over a year later. :)
Happy days indeed. :thumb:

Neil W

Reaction score
I was at this concert. Must say I can’t remember too much about it lol

Pink Floyd Earls Court 1994

19 years old, 8 of us down by bus from Aberdeen left 6am Friday, concert on the Saturday. Smoking nice smelling fags all the way down, god knows what they were :noidea: , arrive at hotel...showered...tickets and VIP access sorted into Ministry of Sound courtesy of a DJ acquaintance on the rave scene at the time, some rhubarb and custards.:shocked:........met the most amazing one night stand of my life, washed that girl right out of my hair midday Sat....still no sleep :(...showered .....hotel bar in the afternoon met up with mates and on the peeve until 6pm, showered, bus to Earls Court.......some billy :nod::shocked:, into the concert.....seated at the very back row up the balcony. I cannot describe how great the feeling of being at that concert was, the atmosphere, the music, the stage and aesthetics....and some more of those fags:nod:.....truly amazing. Back to the hotel and gatecrashed a Rocky Horror Picture Show convention...what a hoot....drunk silly.

What a weekend, slept all the way back up the road on the bus Sunday, up for work Monday morning. I could do that then, party hard and turn up for work with no drama as if nothing happened. Changed days.

Had some amazing times growing up....going to the football, rave scene, Ibiza lads holidays, but Floyd concerts sticks out

Shame ?......absolutely none, loved every minute of my youth.

DCH

lax0341

Reaction score
Harvest and Harvest Moon by Neil Young

and

The Early Years by Tom Waits

and also, of course,

Sting :)