Stalking in the Highlands

cuda

Reaction score
Afternoon chaps,

I am off to the highlands in August and while I am there would like to experience some Scottish stalking - very different to flat stalking of fallow on arable land which is where most of my venison comes from.

I don't want to spend a fortune on trophy stags etc but would like to see if I can get out on the hill (ideally with an estate rifle to save the faff of bringing mine).

Does anyone know of any decent stalking that way (we are staying by Dalmally) - don't mind a bit of a drive.

Thanks,

C

alex preston

Reaction score
Hi Cuda, it might be worth sticking something on the stalking Directoty site. You should get something there. If you don’t get anything OM me and I’ll see what I can do for you. I don’t have any stalking up that way myself but know a couple of estates that’s I’d recommend. Cheers Alex

cuda

Reaction score
Hi Cuda, it might be worth sticking something on the stalking Directoty site. You should get something there. If you don’t get anything OM me and I’ll see what I can do for you. I don’t have any stalking up that way myself but know a couple of estates that’s I’d recommend. Cheers Alex
Thanks Alex - SD post was up before here - they were all telling me how we will be eaten alive by ticks and midges lol!

alex preston

Reaction score
Our shooting fraternity can be somewhat ‘dour’ at times. Not sure why as there’s no shortage of deer around unlike our silver friends.

cuda

Reaction score
Our shooting fraternity can be somewhat ‘dour’ at times. Not sure why as there’s no shortage of deer around unlike our silver friends.
Makes sense for people to be protective of their shooting. Years ago a let a “mate” shoot on the farm I had permission on whilst I went on my honeymoon so the farmer still had pigeons being kept off his drillings- I got home to find he’d paid off the farmer and I couldn’t shoot there anymore. Too many untrustworthy people and too little shooting available sadly.

alex preston

Reaction score
That’s awful and certainly not in the spirit of Issac Walton. PM me if you get stuck there an awesome estate near me (Doune) that I couldn't recommend more. I’ve been many times and every experience has been memorable for all the right reasons. Cheers Alex

glenelg100

Reaction score
Not sure if Auch Estate do it, but if they do it would be nice and handy for you