Spey 2020

P!scator

Reaction score
Good luck to everyone out for the first cast tomorrow - On upper Arndilly. Looking at the weather it's going to be a challenging day but looking forward to it!

Jack Holroyd

Reaction score
Thanks piscator

Thanks for your welcome to this season, and I wish you both a new , and an exciting season .
What is happening with the Grantown Ass ?

Reaction score
Happy opening to all!
It's true that we don't have a lot of info on Grantown; not even the return on the assembly of this beginning of year

lefthandup

Reaction score
Spey is absolutely on fire at the moment... absolutely swamping every other river in this country.

Jbspring

Reaction score
Check the fishery board report... only a couple of beats report on fishpal
I’ve Just read it sounds like they have had an amazing week! Im hearing reports the over 600 salmon were landed on the Spey this week alone! Blooming marvellous!

Jb

ArchieL

Reaction score
Reading the Spey Fishery Board report and it looks like the river has healthy runs coming in each day with a couple of rods getting 10 to their own rod for a single day. Quite a few beats getting very good numbers considering they are reported as being lightly fished and most under 50% let. I know a lot of the beats do not report on Fishapal as they do not need or use the platform for selling rods but the figures of reported beats look good for being lightly fished. Gordon Castle just under 50, Orton over 30 , Rothes just under 40, Arndilly over 60 , Inverfiddich (One Pool Beat) 8, Wester Elchies mid 20's, Carron 14, Knockando over 80. No matter how you look at it this is good news for the river and long may it continue, just wish i had been part of it but alas not to be due to our days being cancelled due to Covid 19.

I know most people and our party keep plugging away with their Spey trips when catches are poor hoping to hit it right once in every say 3-4 trips and it looks like this has been the year where the numbers are up yet all the travelling parties will have missed out on the decent runs.

Last edited: