South Esk 2021

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Hope so Alan although the seatrout were not that great
There was a run of decent grilse sized sea trout. Not that I caught any. Did see a few come off though. One guy had 5 I think in one day. Either that or he was full of shite :ROFLMAO: he was wrapping up happy as Larry as I was setting up and I thought yeeha.
Nothing.
Alan had a few nice ones i think.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Start this off for this season seeing I’ll be on it more often than not
When we’re let loose that is !
KF
Hopefully bump into you on the river sometime
I'm the tall guy with a big nose and a load of gear :ROFLMAO: often with a younger better looking Gordon with me.
Cheers Gordon

mows

Reaction score
There was a run of decent grilse sized sea trout. Not that I caught any. Did see a few come off though. One guy had 5 I think in one day. Either that or he was full of shite :ROFLMAO: he was wrapping up happy as Larry as I was setting up and I thought yeeha.
Nothing.
Alan had a few nice ones i think.
Best was 5lb. But saw one bigger.
Resized_20200820_202917.jpeg

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
when would you expect the first run of fish given some descent water?
Start of April for kirrie. I had first fish off it 2 seasons ago. Think it was end of April.
But chance of a decent fresh fish from April till the end of season up there.
Single hander is the tool of choice

wilkinson shrimp

Reaction score
thanks springers like to run to the higher reaches given water April ,may I see it is also a favourite at that time of year for the chap who invented the famous ally's shrimp.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
thanks springers like to run to the higher reaches given water April ,may I see it is also a favourite at that time of year for the chap who invented the famous ally's shrimp.
Yeh I've bumped into Ally Gowans a few times up there.
He does a free casting clinic every year for kirrie members.
Hes a real decent bloke. Knowledge just oozes out of him

mows

Reaction score
Had my first cast of the season today on the Southie at Kinnaird upper. Water was a decent height but looked lower as it was so clear. Gave it a good thrash with a bannana, a fish tank shrimp and then a green and yellow devon.
Never saw a fish, but great to be back on the water.
Bumped into Tom Marshall and had a good chat with him as well
20210306_193410.jpg
20210306_193504.jpg
20210306_193539.jpg
20210306_193602.jpg
20210306_193630.jpg
20210306_193658.jpg
20210306_193722.jpg

wilkinson shrimp

Reaction score
Had my first cast of the season today on the Southie at Kinnaird upper. Water was a decent height but looked lower as it was so clear. Gave it a good thrash with a bannana, a fish tank shrimp and then a green and yellow devon.
Never saw a fish, but great to be back on the water.
Bumped into Tom Marshall and had a gooView attachment 58186View attachment 58187View attachment 58188View attachment 58189View attachment 58190View attachment 58191View attachment 58192d chat with him as well
looks nice last fished there 20 years ago February month hooked and lost two fish in quick succession below the dam on a silver stoats copper tube, where do you get permits from?