Sound of an old reel...can't whack it .

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
I can’t recall you, either engaging in a meaningful debate or starting a fishing thread.
Facts are if you look up Don CurlyHorny, Don Curly Horny, Klink Eastwood , Cyclops but NOT JB SPRING I REPEAT NOT JB SORING, you will see I’ve started plenty fishing related threads, trips, advice and quite a few long runners in the lounge … all amicable, so salad dodger you are factually wrong
No doubt you’ll reincarnate yourself, again🙄, under a new username.

yes I might, because the forum allows you to change your username , so if you have a problem go speak to the moderators , other than that I find your post to me very offensive.

nickolas

Reaction score
I agree the sound of an rachett reel is great if the fish is on a long run, but the opposite if bone fishing with a guide, it’s believed the fish are scared off with the sound on a noisy reel, some guides won’t fish with you if you don’t have a silent reel.

Last edited:

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just come back from holiday to a raft of reported posts with yet more childish arguing and abuse. I have deleted a lot of posts, banned one member, however it is clear that this was NOT one-sided and I was really disappointed to see some of the extremely unpleasant posts on this thread. I will not hesitate to ban more people if this starts again. Please try to keep your interactions friendly on here, remember there is a human being behind the username and if you haven't got something civil to say, don't say it.

meyre

Reaction score
I agree the sound of an rachett reel is great if the fish is on a long run, but the opposite if bone fishing with a guide, it’s believed the fish are scared off with the sound on a noisy reel, some guides won’t fish with you if you don’t have a silent reel.
Nooo.... did they say that? I was told that story by a charming guide in the Seychelles...and had to buy him a drink when he confessed it was a leg-pull...we'd caught plenty of bones on a shouty Shilton and adequately noisy SA Mastery and an Able .
Bones don't like noise but that's about jumping up and down and fist pumping antics when the tyro succeeds in spotting one for the first time and then landing it.

lax0341

Reaction score
I like the quiet sound of my ATH S2 and The Tweed salmon reels but also the heavier sound of the Hardy Marquis reels .😎