Sound of an old reel...can't whack it .

Salarspeycaster

Reaction score
Are they easy to maintain or do then need stripped and cleaned all the time ?
I love the look and sound they make but worry how they hold up compared to a reel with a sealed drag etc.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
They are pretty simple to maintain and are reliable reels. The drag does slightly weaken over time but still works well all the same. They are built to last.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I've been saving up for loop classic for that authentic yeeha im in noise. Had the cash there but just blew it on a load more top grade and fancy cork, alps reel seats and a load of rod tubes for all the blanks that I've just had made.
Should have saved up enough again by the spring. I'm determined to enjoy that scream when I get in about all those springers im going to catch :LOL:

lefthandup

Reaction score
I've been saving up for loop classic for that authentic yeeha im in noise. Had the cash there but just blew it on a load more top grade and fancy cork, alps reel seats and a load of rod tubes for all the blanks that I've just had made.
Should have saved up enough again by the spring. I'm determined to enjoy that scream when I get in about all those springers im going to catch :LOL:
Why not buy a marquis...cheap and just listen to that...no need to spend much to get that sound.... the hardest part is finding a fish like that these days....a proper fish.

Last edited:

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Why not buy a marquis...cheap and just listen to that...no need to spend much to get that sound.... the hardest part is finding a fish like that these days....a proper fish.
That was one of the best fishing vids I've ever seen Colin. Fantastic. Just realised I've been watching your vids for years mate :LOL:
The young lads got a marquis. Can't wait to show him that vid mate.

lefthandup

Reaction score
I knew this fish was there as I'd seen it turn and break the surface .
Only problem was it's lying in dead water so tempting it was a challenge and a fair bit of patience was needed.