Sorted - Background / reflected light when tying

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Finally got my toys ready to go so thought I'd share a small tip...

I've got a small dual purpose writing bureau/tying station which, unless I move it into the conservatory, I sometimes struggle with decent lighting.

I purchased a very handy desk light a while back, great light and several modes, but still wanted something larger than a sight board to reflect some light back towards the vice when tying ...so...out with the laminator - a couple of A3 sheets and these handy little items here:

IMAG4978_1 (1).jpg

Think they were around 1.86 each , so bought a few to hold the sheets...

IMAG4985.jpg
IMAG4987 (2).jpg

Decent amount of back lighting now, very portable too , as sometimes I move to dining room table (to not be completely antisocial...lol) and set up/down in seconds.

Hardly ground breaking I know ....but might help someone :lol:

Cheers

Cb

Last edited:

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I've have just seen this thread.

A great idea and setup you have there for not a lot of money.

I really must get something better set up for taking fly pictures. My phone camera really struggles with artificial light and it's too wet and windy today to take any pictures of flies outside. I had to get my camera out today to take the photo for TOTM. My studio consisted of a piece of black card with the fly sitting on top of a tin of air rifle pellets! :lol:

Andrzej

Reaction score
I've have just seen this thread.

A great idea and setup you have there for not a lot of money.

I really must get something better set up for taking fly pictures. My phone camera really struggles with artificial light and it's too wet and windy today to take any pictures of flies outside. I had to get my camera out today to take the photo for TOTM. My studio consisted of a piece of black card with the fly sitting on top of a tin of air rifle pellets! :lol:
Jockiescott, I think it's worth to try a small photo tent for making fly pictures. It's 7-8 pounds from ebuy. Some time ago I got it for myself, also make pictures with my phone camera and was struggling before to get a decent light.

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Feel your pain Jockie , taking pics of flies is like a black art..
I tried similar to what Andrzej suggested with a light box but even with that I struggle
I'm back to "one in the hand at the window" unless its sunny outside :D