Soon to be kicked in to touch

Hemmy

Reaction score
I for one will be pleased to kick the erse of 2018 (green or otherwise) as far in to touch as I possibly can.
Totally unexpected and sudden bereavements and resultant personal problems have ensured
No fishing at all
No shooting at all
Only I days Deerstalking early on
No flytying since beginning of April

Lots of c.r.a.p to sort out .....long working hours (24/7on call April to September)......little time for anything else.

And finally Sika (my faithful loving canine companion) took the p.i.s,s at the family dinner on Saturday by eating half of the 5 bird roast as it was resting in the kitchen much to the amusement of the grandchildren who thought it was hilarious.

Tomorrow will mark the dawn of a new era.......fishing,shooting Deerstalking and flytying a plenty ......indulging in life's pleasures whenever they present themselves.....oh,and work in moderation.

So heres wishing everyone a happy New Year

Tight lines to all :thumb:

Last edited:

westie4566

Reaction score
Is Sika about to become part of a 4 bird, 1 dog roast after that wee stunt, Ernie?:lol:

Wishing you and your's a Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year.

Cheers

Andy

Loxie

Reaction score
I for one will be pleased to kick the erse of 2018 (green or otherwise) as far in to touch as I possibly can.
Totally unexpected and sudden bereavements and resultant personal problems have ensured
No fishing at all
No shooting at all
Only I days Deerstalking early on
No flytying since beginning of April

Lots of c.r.a.p to sort out .....long working hours (24/7on call April to September)......little time for anything else.

And finally Sika (my faithful loving canine companion) took the p.i.s,s at the family dinner on Saturday by eating half of the 5 bird roast as it was resting in the kitchen much to the amusement of the grandchildren who thought it was hilarious.

Tomorrow will mark the dawn of a new era.......fishing,shooting Deerstalking and flytying a plenty ......indulging in life's pleasures whenever they present themselves.....oh,and work in moderation.

So heres wishing everyone a happy New Year

Tight lines to all :thumb:

My neighbour came home to find me digging a big hole in the garden. He asked what for so I told him it was to bury my Christmas cake. He replied that it was a big hole for a cake do I had to explain it was still inside his dog.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Once had a rescue flatcoated retreiver called derry who was a show dog when he was young and then kept in an outside run as a stud dog for their breeding line, anyway the owners moved away and we ended up with him and he was the craftiest ****** ever with food, i remember one xmas there was about 1lb of decent pate placed on the coffee table and he walked past then in one motion tilted his head and grabbed/swallowed the lot in one go

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Loxie

Reaction score
Once had a rescue flatcoated retreiver called derry who was a show dog when he was young and then kept in an outside run as a stud dog for their breeding line, anyway the owners moved away and we ended up with him and he was the craftiest ****** ever with food, i remember one xmas there was about 1lb of decent pate placed on the coffee table and he walked past then in one motion tilted his head and grabbed/swallowed the lot in one go

My old lab was abit like that. I used to take him fishing but not only did he love swimming after the fish he would inhale a small sea trout if you left it on the bank and took your eye off him for a nanosecond!

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Daughter’s puggle’s notable achievements:
1.5 lbs Gorgonzola cheese
Large Warburton’s sliced brown seeded batch loaf (had to free him from the plastic bag)
2 polycarbonate rain gauges
A whole sponge cake
and that’s just what I can remember on the spur of the moment. Zizou, a legend in his own lifetime, to the economic delight of the vets of north London.

Big Ben

Reaction score
My Springer ate a whole "tin" of quality street. Tin as in plastic these days but you know what I mean.

Unopened and still sealed with the sellotape round the top she still managed to get it open. Picked out the coffee ones and left them but the rest went including wrappers. The following day the back garden was a site!

She's also had x 1 and a half fresh made Christmas loaves complete with dried fruit. (all the stuff that's really bad for dogs basically).

She's had (not confirmed but behaviour after made me suspicious) magic mushrooms whilst on a walk round Glencorse Reservoir culminating in a full on superman jump off a 40 ft cliff. Only thing that saved her was a clump of gorse sticking out of said cliff which broke her fall.

I think she may have a bit of cat in here genes :lol:

Rrrr

Reaction score
My english bullterrier isnt as bad as most for eating things but shes chewed open and ate a tin of beans when she opend the cupboard and also last year i heard a big hiss and heard the dog bolt from the kitchen at a rate of knots into the garden, i went in and could smell perfume but couldnt figure out why, a bit of investigating and i found she had opend a drawer in the dining room and helped herself to a deoderant gift set my wife got a previos xmas and put her teeth through it.
Also came home a few times and she has the bin lid stuck over her head trying to look innocent

Last edited:

Rrrr

Reaction score
I forgot about this one, heard banging and crashing downstairs at 4am so went down to investigate expecting someone to be trying to steal the telly but no, it was the daft dog crashing into things.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Back in the hazy days of youth we had a black lab that used to sleep in the kitchen and sniff out anything left on tables, work surfaces, window ledges etc during the night.

Items I remember disappearing include a loaf of bread, a pack of butter (separate nights) and a large bar of chocolate.

But the most remarkable event was finding a plant pot and soil on the floor in the morning - but not the 2 cacti !

That must have hurt at both ends !!

salarchaser

Reaction score
Our two border collies are working dogs. They get fed twice a day and never get hand fed.
If you drop something on the floor in the kitchen they look at it in a bemused manner and never pick it up.
It the border terrier is about they never get a chance anyway as there is a blur and the offending item doesn't get chance to hit the floor.
She also has the habit of pulling stuff out of the bin if anything is sticking out. Anything left on the arm of a chair or a bedside table is also fair game, as is anything in your hand if you're sat on the settee and not paying attention.
Paper tissues get destroyed in typical terrier fashion and sweet wrappers often go missing.

Elibank

Reaction score
My mate had a black lab, and took him on a spring visit to the Eden - the weather being unseasonably warm, he had a long lunch break followed by forty winks.

His trusty hound woke him by dropping a 3 weeks gone kelt of about 10lbs in his lap....

Rrrr

Reaction score
My mate had a black lab, and took him on a spring visit to the Eden - the weather being unseasonably warm, he had a long lunch break followed by forty winks.

His trusty hound woke him by dropping a 3 weeks gone kelt of about 10lbs in his lap....
They do tend to retreive what you dont want, flatcoats are experts at fetching back animals that have been dead for weeks or rolling on them. My dad considerd burning his car after his dog rolled on a seal that had been dead a good while and it took months to clear the stench in the car.

westie4566

Reaction score
They do tend to retreive what you dont want, flatcoats are experts at fetching back animals that have been dead for weeks or rolling on them. My dad considerd burning his car after his dog rolled on a seal that had been dead a good while and it took months to clear the stench in the car.

Many moons ago my carin terrier and dob/lab cross did exactly the same in a dead whale carcass. I suspect the stench of rotting blubber was similar. No matter how many times they were scrubbed that stank for ages. It was truly foul!!

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Many moons ago my carin terrier and dob/lab cross did exactly the same in a dead whale carcass. I suspect the stench of rotting blubber was similar. No matter how many times they were scrubbed that stank for ages. It was truly foul!!

Whale? That's truly different!

Rrrr

Reaction score
Ive smelled nothing like it before or since.

westie4566

Reaction score
Whale? That's truly different!

It was 27 years ago and a friend (her GSD was also in on the whale action!) and I rented a truly unique property for a year with it's own beach north of Aberdeen. The whale washed up in an easterly gale, dead and half rotten already.

The three dogs sneaked down the hill alone that day:eek:hwell:

Even weeks after, when you thought the smell had gone, the three of them would cook themselves in front of the stove and remind us of the 'wonderful' aroma of dead whale.:help::help:

Rrrr

Reaction score
It was 27 years ago and a friend (her GSD was also in on the whale action!) and I rented a truly unique property for a year with it's own beach north of Aberdeen. The whale washed up in an easterly gale, dead and half rotten already.

Even weeks after, when you thought the smell had gone, the three of them would cook themselves in front of the stove and remind us of the 'wonderful' aroma of dead whale.:help::help:
Im guessing its the fat content from the blubber from whales/seals that makes it linger for so long as it just wont wash off then sticks to anything they touch, its like fox ***** but 10 times worse

Chicharito

Reaction score

Even weeks after, when you thought the smell had gone, the three of them would cook themselves in front of the stove :nod:
and remind us of the 'wonderful' aroma of dead whale.:help::help:

Sounds like they had 'a whale of a time!' :lol: