Something for the ladies

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Well gents,

I am targeting the "lady of the stream" for the first time with some home tied patterns.
This particular patter is from Bill Eadie , and its his "Garden Fly"
My first attempt (row to the left) was not great, too heavy on the UV resin and the ribbing didn't segment the nymph skin enough.
After watching Bill's youtube videos again, I used a brush (instead of a needle) to apply a much lighter coating of the UV resin and wound the rib a little more vertical to make the segmentation a little more realistic.
Looking forward to tying up more of these and see how they perform

IMG_2277.JPG

IMG_2278.JPG

IMG_2282.JPG

Cheers

Rb

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Braw clydebuilt :thumb: ideal for when the water is thining down after a spate

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Braw clydebuilt :thumb: ideal for when the water is thining down after a spate

Cheers Lamson,

I'm starting on the size 8's, before the 10's, then I've got a pile of Jig hooks in 14/16/18 for the slotted bead bugs next, but need to work down to them lol, been a while since I tied so starting with the easier ones...:D

Invermarnoch

Reaction score
These look hopeless but as a special favour I'll take them off your hands!

Just kidding :lol::lol::lol:

Nice work!

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Cheers Lamson,

I'm starting on the size 8's, before the 10's, then I've got a pile of Jig hooks in 14/16/18 for the slotted bead bugs next, but need to work down to them lol, been a while since I tied so starting with the easier ones...:D

I do very much the same thing when I've not been at the vice for a while :). I've been tying jig and normal in 14/16/18 and a few 20s for nymphs and 18 and 20s for f fly's which have picked up a few lately

DSC_0315.JPG

Arnold

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Those are lovely, think I might need to invest in a magnifier & light combo to go that wee:lol:

ibm59

Reaction score
Well gents,

I am targeting the "lady of the stream" for the first time with some home tied patterns.
This particular patter is from Bill Eadie , and its his "Garden Fly"
My first attempt (row to the left) was not great, too heavy on the UV resin and the ribbing didn't segment the nymph skin enough.
After watching Bill's youtube videos again, I used a brush (instead of a needle) to apply a much lighter coating of the UV resin and wound the rib a little more vertical to make the segmentation a little more realistic.
Looking forward to tying up more of these and see how they perform

View attachment 32895

View attachment 32896

View attachment 32898

Cheers

Rb

Why not just get the tine oot ?

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Why not just get the tine oot ?

Fear ye not, I've not gone all purist just yet...

I've been showing my youngest how to make floats, he's actually quite handy...

IMAG3529-20181016-235049908.jpg

IMAG3528-20181016-235103700.jpg

So once he's decided on a colour scheme, we will be frequenting the nearest dung pile for a dig once again and trotting some brandlings in the winter too..
Cant wait!

Cheers

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
We finished the last coat of varnish on our DIY floats today so here's hoping we'll see a few dips when out for the ladies

IMAG3557-20181021-165217931.jpg