1.2 MB · Views: 99

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
All strong looking dogs, what’s the big pup on the box .... handsome

sgellert

Reaction score
Great pictures!
What race is the big grey/white one, 2nd and 7th picture?
Oh.. that must be the Kangal, apparently they grow VERY large?

Andrew B

Reaction score
Love the Mastiff. You could see em guarding the sheep from Wolves and Bears in Northern Spain. I’ll never forget going too near the fence once and the bark it gave out still send shivers through me lol.

Edit just seen the names above, the Belgium ones are supposed to be super clever?

rotenone

Reaction score
Love the Mastiff. You could see em guarding the sheep from Wolves and Bears in Northern Spain. I’ll never forget going too near the fence once and the bark it gave out still send shivers through me lol.

Edit just seen the names above, the Belgium ones are supposed to be super clever?
The Malinois are human like in their intelligence, she's called fox she can climb trees and catch grey squirrels such is her agility, if you look at a working line Spanish mastiff and a Kangal they are quite similar all the mastiffs originated from central Asia and found their way to Europe they will no doubt be related her father was nearly 100cm tall

Rrrr

Reaction score
Great set of dogs there

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Maggy

Reaction score
Presa canario
Bullweiler
Turkish Kangal
Belgian Malinois
Is the last the same as the army dog winning the “ animal VC “ award ? both yours and the army dog are magnificent animals. The Afghanistan heroism of that dog is such a moving story I was nearly in tears. The ears resemble those of the African wild dogs.

Last edited:

rotenone

Reaction score
Is the last the same as the army dog winning the “ animal VC “ award ? both yours and the army dog are magnificent animals. The Afghanistan heroism of that dog is such a moving story I was nearly in tears. The ears resemble those of the African wild dogs.
Yes I believe so, they are the number dog for a lot of special forces around the world light enough to be picked up and carried with man stopping ability, extremely intelligent dog's but they need a job to do, some people call them malligators because they are biting and holding from a young age if you look up Israeli Malinois on you tube you can what the best trained ones are capable of

Maggy

Reaction score
Yes I believe so, they are the number dog for a lot of special forces around the world light enough to be picked up and carried with man stopping ability, extremely intelligent dog's but they need a job to do, some people call them malligators because they are biting and holding from a young age if you look up Israeli Malinois on you tube you can what the best trained ones are capable of
Since I was chased from a scrapyard by 2 snarling alsatians aged 13, I’ve been rather shy of them. They are said to be very protective of lady owners.

But my first lab, a lovely gentle gold bitch, would let no-one near my daughter when she was a toddler. Then she breasted off a bigger ridgeback which attacked us. I was so proud of her. I’ll look that up, thank you.

Maggy

Reaction score
I’ve bought the dog on the right’s son for £750. From an independent army dog-trainer. He’s delivering to get around Covid rules. Got cheap price as he’s dark like his dad and most folk want brindles. Here in 3 weeks. Plenty of dogs near me for him to eat. That’s the pup on right, had to take photo of photo.

Attachments

• image0000001.jpg
    image0000001.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 58
  • C7E392F1-0A4F-47EE-B253-28B1BAA22ECD.jpeg
    C7E392F1-0A4F-47EE-B253-28B1BAA22ECD.jpeg
    679.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Handel

Reaction score
I wouldn't want your dog food bill! Or do you send them out to catch their own😊?

Maggy

Reaction score
I wouldn't want your dog food bill! Or do you send them out to catch their own😊?
Dog food is best bought from large wholesalers rather than these posh places. At around a 1/4 of the price. Dogs like veg actually; there’s a old wives’ tale that dogs on a raw meat diet are more savage. I’ll try that if he does not bite enough people fishing my watter.

If I run out there’s plenty of these labraduds and poncy hybrids he can snack upon.

Handel

Reaction score
Dog food is best bought from large wholesalers rather than these posh places. At around a 1/4 of the price. Dogs like veg actually; there’s a old wives’ tale that dogs on a raw meat diet are more savage. I’ll try that if he does not bite enough people fishing my watter.

If I run out there’s plenty of these labraduds and poncy hybrids he can snack upon.
Sorry my point was aimed at rotenone, I wasn't clear how many of those dogs he had at any one time.

rotenone

Reaction score
Sorry my point was aimed at rotenone, I wasn't clear how many of those dogs he had at any one time.
I have just 2 now Handel but at a combined weight of 290lbs on the lead its plenty, I am feeding raw beef cheek as the staple I pay 2 euros a kilo at wholesale price I'd say they cost me 50 euros a week in total with all the extras just on food.
The thing about vegetables I never bothered, dogs graze in the wild and they also always eat the stomach of prey before anything else, green tripe is something I mix into the diet its very rich and a. Complete food they can survive on that alone. But it's fattening and not nice to deal with bleached tripe is no good but green tripe contains so many vitamins, minerals and high protein it's a super food if you can get dogs started on it as part of a raw diet it greatly reduces food cost as a full green tripe is only 5 euro.

They are spoilt with the food they get but then again my. Dogs have always been low maintenance with minimal vet visits, everything I've learnt to. Do with feeding is. A. Dog is meant to be low maintenance in the wild, they thrive on natural food raw. Of course a lot of vets don't agree as they have been through Educational programs that are sponsored by pet food companies.

Maggy

Reaction score
I have just 2 now Handel but at a combined weight of 290lbs on the lead its plenty, I am feeding raw beef cheek as the staple I pay 2 euros a kilo at wholesale price I'd say they cost me 50 euros a week in total with all the extras just on food.
The thing about vegetables I never bothered, dogs graze in the wild and they also always eat the stomach of prey before anything else, green tripe is something I mix into the diet its very rich and a. Complete food they can survive on that alone. But it's fattening and not nice to deal with bleached tripe is no good but green tripe contains so many vitamins, minerals and high protein it's a super food if you can get dogs started on it as part of a raw diet it greatly reduces food cost as a full green tripe is only 5 euro.

They are spoilt with the food they get but then again my. Dogs have always been low maintenance with minimal vet visits, everything I've learnt to. Do with feeding is. A. Dog is meant to be low maintenance in the wild, they thrive on natural food raw. Of course a lot of vets don't agree as they have been through Educational programs that are sponsored by pet food companies.
The old farmers kept the tripe in a water butt. Glad you reminded me, I’ll try and find some. Old post diet for us working class kids - hated it.

rotenone

Reaction score
The old farmers kept the tripe in a water butt. Glad you reminded me, I’ll try and find some. Old post diet for us working class kids - hated it.
It needs to be the green stuff not the white type it stinks but once they are on it it's amazing all round food and cheap also.

Handel

Reaction score

Thanks. We feed our dogs on green tripe, when we can get it but it isn't always available. Our dogs graze anyway, fallen apples etc and they are always looking in the compost heap. But we haven't tried beef cheek. Where do you get it from?

rotenone

Reaction score
Thanks. We feed our dogs on green tripe, when we can get it but it isn't always available. Our dogs graze anyway, fallen apples etc and they are always looking in the compost heap. But we haven't tried beef cheek. Where do you get it from?
Hi Handel i get it direct from a meat processor the tripe also. Its not fatty the white you see it's more like sinew. It's pretty tough but great for their jaw muscles

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120_220444.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120_220444.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 36

rotenone

Reaction score
Another excellent feed is sheep or cow throat, needs to be fresh again and unwashed very high vitamins, probiotics calcium and its great for jaw and teeth health it can be got for next to nothing best places are small meat processors or butchers who slaughter themselves to find it

Maggy

Reaction score
Another excellent feed is sheep or cow throat, needs to be fresh again and unwashed very high vitamins, probiotics calcium and its great for jaw and teeth health it can be got for next to nothing best places are small meat processors or butchers who slaughter themselves to find it
That’s my new boy, here in 2 weeks. Hope he’s got sharp teeth to guard my Hardy reels in my fishing bag. Thats breeder in pic.

Attachments

• D5DC9868-DCCF-4B8C-8F2F-D90F660B1AE0.jpeg
    D5DC9868-DCCF-4B8C-8F2F-D90F660B1AE0.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 36